FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #11969] Thu, 24 July 2003 06:49 Go to next message
andre is currently offline  andre   United States
#1. when clicking on FAQ, the pages come up as bad links because the url coming up looks like this:

http://www.zonum3.com/" http://www.zonum3.com/index.php?t=help_index&section=usermaintance& rid=2#cstat\"

You can see its putting in http://www.zonum3.com twice which which results in the bad page display.

#2. The smilies won't work. If you right click and view properties on smilies you'll see why they don't get displayed. The path looks like this:

http://www.zonum3.com/"images/smiley_icons/icon_bad.gif/

If it weren't for the /" before images and the / after.gif, the smilies would work.

Whow do I fix this?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 July 2003 08:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #11998 is a reply to message #11969] Thu, 24 July 2003 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What is your WWW_ROOT set to and does it have / at the end?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #12000 is a reply to message #11969] Thu, 24 July 2003 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, its set to

http://www.zonum3.com/

is this wrong?
Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #12001 is a reply to message #12000] Thu, 24 July 2003 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
No that's correct. The problem looks like the result of something escaping all of the " in the mentioned pages. Send me the login details to the admin account of the forum and I can take a look to see what might be the cause.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #12004 is a reply to message #12001] Thu, 24 July 2003 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sent. Very Happy Confused
Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #12007 is a reply to message #12004] Thu, 24 July 2003 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem you are seeing is the result of magic_quotes_runtime being enabled. To fix the problem edit a file called "core.inc" inside the include directory.
Inside that file right below "ignore_user_abort(true);" add
"set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);".

Once that is done go to the theme manager and rebuild your theme, after that the problem should go away.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #12017 is a reply to message #11969] Thu, 24 July 2003 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did exactly what you said, to a T. Followed all the instructions. The edited section of the core.inc file now looks like this:

$FORUM_VERSION = "2.5.0RC5";

ignore_user_abort(true);

set_magic_quotes_runtime(0);

function rls_db_lck()

Then I went to my control panel and went to Theme Manager. Clicked on rebuild theme. Went back into the forum and all images were not displaying. After fussing in my ftp program I noticed that all image attributes were changed to "600." So I changed them all to "755." That problem solved

BUT

The original problem has not been resolved. smilies still dont show and FAQ answers don't get pathed properly on the url. Not to mention this error message I get at the top of the forum home page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/zonum3/theme/default/index.php on line 385

Any other suggestions? Would it help if I gave you access to my server files?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 July 2003 21:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #12020 is a reply to message #12017] Thu, 24 July 2003 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Access to files would certainly be of help.

I am still alsmost certain that the problem is due to magic_quotes_runtime, but I am not sure at which point did it cause a problem. It is possible (though unlikely) that it caused templates to become corrupt during the installation.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgraded to 5.2 but some problems continue [message #12021 is a reply to message #11969] Thu, 24 July 2003 21:46 Go to previous message
Info sent.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Non registered error
Next Topic: Upgrade 2.3.6 to 2.5.0 fails
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 10:08:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02291 seconds