FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » install.php does nothing
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
install.php does nothing [message #12725] Tue, 26 August 2003 19:32 Go to next message
AlexD is currently offline  AlexD   Canada
Im trying to install on a site hosted by Yahoo.

I have a MySQL database set up, and PHP is working ( http://www.westcoastsoaringclub.com/phpinfo.php ) but is v 4.1.2

running the install.php returns nothing to the browser.

Any ideas???
Re: install.php does nothing [message #12726 is a reply to message #12725] Tue, 26 August 2003 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also tryed to install on a server of my own with PHP 4.2.2 and got:

"The installer is missing the data archive, append the archive to the installer and try again."

also my install is just a single file ( index.php ) and is 1.3 meg. I assume that is how it is set up...
Re: install.php does nothing [message #12755 is a reply to message #12725] Thu, 28 August 2003 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that I am getting much love from this forum, but I have tryed the install on 4 different systems. One my own server that I have root access to.

0 luck.

I ether get nothing as stated on my first post, or an error at ether line 66 or with my most resent download I get an error at line 88.

Parse error:  parse error in /home/thedomain.com/www/forum/install.php on line 88

Is there any other way to install this? (other than this single install.php script)
Re: install.php does nothing [message #12777 is a reply to message #12755] Sun, 31 August 2003 18:29 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I'd say the decompressed install.php was corrupted by the decompression program.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: ZIP file problems
Next Topic: Strange forum behaviour after upgrade from 2.3.5 to 2.5.2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 04:14:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03328 seconds