FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Permissions problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Permissions problems [message #12763] Fri, 29 August 2003 18:43 Go to previous message
Cyber Coyote is currently offline  Cyber Coyote   United States
Hi, I'm trying to install FF on my remote host, latest php version up there. I upload the install file in it's own folder (thank god, keep reading)and when I first point my browser at it it comes up fine. the files are chmodded to the 777.

When I hit next for the first time, I get an internal server error. This is a problem with my server settings. I've dealt with them before and they reccomended in a different situation (installing phpbb2 from cpanel on their server the same error came up, the error log reports: warning, file is writable by others)chmod settings of 700. Didn't work then, won't work now. I was able to install phpbb2 manually mind you with no errors.

Heading back,I no longer have ANY access to the folder install is in or install, the server spitting back that I do not have access to these files. Even set at 777 it tells me this. I've had to delete the file and folder (proving I have access)and reinstall them to get to part 1 again.

It's probably something funky with my host, but if there is any work around to try I'll be glad to give it a go. I really like Fud and am looking forward to using it if I can figure this out...

edited after the fact: Hmm, my ftp client wasn't properly altering the permissions, but I was able to do so in cpanel. Still getting the generic errors, though. Might be a complete server issue that can't be helped/fixed from my end.

Cyber Coyote

[Updated on: Fri, 29 August 2003 18:56]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: install problem - on line 354
Next Topic: PHP 2.1
Goto Forum: