FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Post Notification (Subscribe)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Post Notification (Subscribe) [message #1278 is a reply to message #1275] Tue, 02 April 2002 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I'll check our post notification code to see if there is a problem, I know that on this and other FUDforums that I visit it works fine.
Please verify that your post notifications are going via EMAIL rather then ICQ (it is an option in your profile).
Also, if you can run the following test, on the front page click on the "mark all read" link, it can be found at the bottom of page. The login as another user and post a reply to a thread your subscribed to or make a new thread in a forum you're subscribed to. You must do this as another user, since you will not receive notifications for the posts you make yourself as that would be rather pointless.

Private Forums:

I am working on version 2.0 an alpha of which was released a week ago and another release will occur sometime this week. One of the features that is currently in development is a group system, that would allow admin to create various user groups in the forum. This will allow for truly private forums.

In the meanwhile, there was a code hack posted at this URL http://fud.prohost.org/forum/msg.php?th=197 which will add simple private forum functionality.

Postnuke/Phpnuke:

Currently I am solely working on getting 2.0 out of the door, so I don't imagine postnuke/phpnuke modules being considered until 2.0 stable is released. This does not mean you cannot do it yourself though Wink Since I've never used both of those scripts, my knowledge of them is non-existant, so it is unlikely I personally will be able to write a module for them.

Smileys and Post Icons:

Yes, they can be disabled. To disable post icons simply use the admin control panel to delete them all, this will disable them.
As for smilies you can disable them on a per forum basis in the forum control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: forum error msg