FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Do I need to get my host provided to do install ? help?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Do I need to get my host provided to do install ? help? [message #12851] Sat, 13 September 2003 19:04 Go to previous message
twerp is currently offline  twerp   United Kingdom
HI ALL! First post and THRILLED to be here.
I've been very fortunate to discover FUD.

Anyways... I'm a half-wit which is better than the idiot I was 18 months ago.

SO: i have my own server and I have hosted space that's got ALL the bits needed by FUD and I've used it lots with lots of PHP/mySQL apps etc.

SO, the ONE file install has me stumped. AND I'm only using my HOSTED SPACE right now.

1) I upload the install in binary mode.
2) I create the database and user/PW with phpmyadin
3) I created a folder for the files in: /home/domain_folder/public_html/
4) I experimant by creating a FUDforum folder at both the root level AND the same level as 3) above...

5) I manage to get the installed to created the folders in both locations from 3) and 4) above...

6) Then I try to connect to database typing in the right bits and I get the error... access denied to database etc..

IS it possible to simply do a manual install and upload the SQL database with phpmyadmin like I'm used to??

I read the:
"""Web Installation
If you lack shell access or prefer to work with your web browser we have also provided a web installation script. If you lack shell access you will have to decompress the forum tarball etc etc etc>> """

Though it didn't seemn to be wuite what I needed...

it also said:

"""After decompressing the file locally it should produce a forum_install directory. """

does that mean LITERALLY a 'forum_install' directory... I guess not.

The hosting company I use is REALLY great so I guess I've REALLY missed a trick or 6.

Any comments that make me feel REALY REALLY REALLY dumb GREATLY appreciated!!!

I've pretty much gone the distance so any amount of detail is welcomed.

I CANNOT acacess my mySQL database from say, mySQL Manager or any other program residing on my PC I've confirmed. I CAN see via telnet that the myswl is there then the connection drops.

hmmmm...

CAN I EXTRACT ALL the files IN the install.php binary? I run windows XP here on my PC in my room... and will eventually redo my server and have it flying here. I DO REALLY need to have my remote hosted space servering up some FUD!!!!

WOW is it the BEST or WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

thanks...

um, I'm sure I've forgotten something important!

twErP
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Stage I: Undefined variable: WINDOWS in /home/www/.../fud/install.php on line 554
Next Topic: IS a MANUAL install possible? extraction of install.php ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 05:52:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04286 seconds