FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » New way to limit troublesome users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Ynt: Re: New way to limit troublesome users [message #13162 is a reply to message #10112] Tue, 23 September 2003 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

prottoss wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 18:06

.... In political discussions (for example) the accusation of censorship is often made, in this way nothing is deleted, nobody's access is forbidden....

I just saw this message. (Almost) the same thing in our forum, only worse: Religion (with really some radical thoughts opposite to conventions), philosophy, social matters, politics and everything is discussed, with the motto "No thought is forbidden or censored here". I just once happened to delete a message! Smile I'm not even just a moderator, I'm the administrator Smile In this life, first time I witnessed my some kind of administrator status being discussed philosophically Smile

I think, our so-called solution is going to be splitting the topic, moving the "bad" message to another forum which will be called Trash, lock that message so there won't be any replies to it. This seems to be least opposed way by users to moderate such a forum.

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message