FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » creating stream : Permission denied
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
creating stream : Permission denied [message #13641] Tue, 21 October 2003 07:50 Go to next message
tonjackc   France
Hi,
First you're doing a great job, congratulations !
I've achieved FUDforum intallation long ago.But last days it sends a quite strange message as:
Warning: main(./GLOBALS.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/jackDev/WEbBeE/extnl/FUD/index.php on line 18
So, I have checked all permissions on my linux box (server) out. Things seem OK.
My context:
This warning prevents actually FUDforum from running. It should not be qualified warning by PHP team, should'nt ? Wink
I run different PHP appz on the same box, but none of them has ever had some kind of conflicts with each other;
I've turned register_global to off. (I don't think it has something to do with my issue).
My questions:
1) which stream does it address ?
2) should I process a (new) installation ?
Thanx for all contributions.

Re: creating stream : Permission denied [message #13642 is a reply to message #13641] Tue, 21 October 2003 13:04 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The problem is that your PHP does not have permission to open the GLOBALS.php file.
That file is a symlink so, you actually need to check permission of the 'primary' GLOBALS.php inside the include directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems uploading
Next Topic: My install problems FIXED ! Developers were RIGHT !
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 04:10:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04247 seconds