FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Errors with Themes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Errors with Themes [message #13745] Sun, 26 October 2003 18:20 Go to next message
writch is currently offline  writch   United States
I just put this up two days ago, and I am still learning it, but I was looking into 'themes' and when I hit 'optimize' I got the following error(s):

Warning: opendir(/usr/local/httpd/3w/include/theme/asdf): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /usr/local/httpd/3w/adm/admthemes.php on line 164

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/httpd/3w/adm/admthemes.php on line 166

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/httpd/3w/adm/admthemes.php on line 166

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/httpd/3w/adm/admthemes.php on line 167

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/httpd/3w/adm/admthemes.php on line 172
Re: Errors with Themes [message #13746 is a reply to message #13745] Sun, 26 October 2003 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Several questions:

1) What version of FUDforum are you using?
2) Does the custom theme you are trying to optimize exist?
3) What version of PHP are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Errors with Themes [message #13888 is a reply to message #13746] Thu, 30 October 2003 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) What version of FUDforum are you using?
FUDforum 2.6.0RC1

2) Does the custom theme you are trying to optimize exist?
yes

3) What version of PHP are you using
PHP 4.3.3

I have duplicated a number of errors relating to themes and templates all of which seem to center around a particular error (which might be the initial error). I had tried to get around it by duplicating directories, etc. (and granting 777 permissions to them), but it really doesn't help.

One of the errors was the duplication (in the listing in the admin screen, not on the disk) of the theme (had two themes by the same name, one set as default, one not).

The intial error was:

DUPE: SECTION -> was_moved_msg_lnk found in (now parsing )
Re: Errors with Themes [message #13889 is a reply to message #13888] Thu, 30 October 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would probably apprciate this:

System Configuration

PHP built On:
Linux watts 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686

Database Version:
3.23.48-Max-log

PHP Version:

Web Server:
Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) PHP/4.3.3 DAV/1.0.3 mod_ssl/2.8.7 OpenSSL/0.9.6c

WebServer to PHP interface:
apache

Forum Version:
2.6.0RC1

Relavent PHP Settings:

Safe Mode:
OFF

Open basedir:
none

Display Errors:
ON

File Uploads:
ON

Magic Quotes:
ON

Register Globals:
OFF

Output Buffering:
Yes

Disabled Functions:
none

PDF Support:
No

Tokenizer Support:
Yes

PSpell Support:
No

Zlib Support:
Yes
Re: Errors with Themes [message #13895 is a reply to message #13889] Thu, 30 October 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Is this a fresh install or an upgrade from existing version, if so which one?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Errors with Themes [message #15401 is a reply to message #13895] Mon, 15 December 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tdavey is currently offline  tdavey   United States
If I may chimne in, I just now received the same error message referenced above:

DUPE: SECTION -> was_moved_msg_lnk found in (now parsing )

And now the previously working installation of FudForum is now longer functioning.

What I did: Working in the template editor, I created a new theme and enabled it. Upon submitting the form, I got the above message.

Forum version: I think the latest stable release. The beginning of the install.php script says: "v 1.90 2003/10/17." (I wasn't the person who installed the forum, though.) We're running PHP 4.2.2 under Red Hat Linux.

When I say that FudForum is "no longer functioning," what I mean is that requesting /html/index.php yields a blank page in the browser -- no messages of any kind. I have to go to bed now, but tomorrow I will try navigating directly to /html/adm/index.php to see if I can get at the administration console and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Tom Davey
Sputnik Inc.
Re: Errors with Themes [message #15416 is a reply to message #15401] Mon, 15 December 2003 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
1.90 was a CVS release, probably belonging to either the very early 2.6.0 beta or very late 2.5.3.

My suggestion would be to upgrade to RC10 or 11 (will be out in a few hours).

After that if the problem persists we can try to resolve it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Errors with Themes [message #15420 is a reply to message #15416] Mon, 15 December 2003 20:05 Go to previous message
tdavey is currently offline  tdavey   United States
Thanks Ilia!

Looking forward to the new release. Will reinstall as you suggest.

Regards,
Tom Davey
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Upgrade Questions - 2.2.3 to 2.5.2
Next Topic: I just see changes in the header with my admin PC and nobody else, WHY?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 05:46:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02099 seconds