FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » USENET sync breaks when it encounters posts w/"null" subjects (RESOLVED)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
USENET sync breaks when it encounters posts w/"null" subjects (RESOLVED) [message #158001] Mon, 19 January 2009 01:18 Go to previous message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   Canada
Hi there. This thread is intended to organize information on resolving syncing FUDForum to USENET groups which contain "null" subject posts.

I'm trying to get FUDForum to sync with a private USENET group with an AWOL admin. Four or five posts scattered around three USENET subgroups were originally posted with empty subject lines, which I gather is "null" subjects. The admin cannot be reached to delete the posts.

When I attempt to sync FUDForum with the groups that contain those posts, sync proceeds fine right up until it hits one of the problem posts. At this point FUDForum cycles back and duplicates the immediately previous posts in an endless loop.

Frank has posted one patch (which has not yet resolved the problem) and we'll add to this thread as we move towards a resolution.

First patch tried:

http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/rlog?f=install/forum_data/scrip ts/maillist.php

[Updated on: Thu, 05 February 2009 07:00]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Postgres 8.03 Issue
Next Topic: THEMES DELETED? (RESOLVED)
Goto Forum: