FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Moving to a new host. (Problems importing data)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Moving to a new host. [message #158811 is a reply to message #158778] Fri, 27 March 2009 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Layne123 is currently offline  Layne123   United States
naudefj wrote on Fri, 20 March 2009 10:08
Good news: I was able to load your forum dump after making some small adjustments to the import script.

Please use this version: http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/fileview?f=install/www_root/adm /admimport.php&v=1.65

I decided to give it a try. It seems I am still unable to import. Maybe I'm doing something wrong; I can't seem to find a complete step by step for exporting/importing data.

1. I export the current forum using "Make forum datadump" and I check "Use Gzip Compression".

2. I save the gzip datadump to my computer and un gzip the file and then zip it so it's easier to work with on my host.

3. I upload the zipped datadump to my host and then unzip it.

4. I already installed and setup the new fudforum. I use 2 new directories for files in my html directory:
/html/forum holds all the browseable files
/html/FUDforum holds all the NON-browseable files

4a. I backed up the default installed admimport.php and replace it with the one you suggested I use.

5. When I click "Import forum data" and provide the path to my unzipped forum data dump; I click "Import Data" and get this:

Restoring data files...
Drop database tables...
Create database tables...
Loading database tables...

I understand you were able to import the data, yet what can I possibly do to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks in advance for any further assistance.

Clan =SS= Underachieving Cyber-athletes!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: collapse and expand buttons no longer available after restoring data dump!
Next Topic: decompress error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 01:31:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04291 seconds