FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Troubleshooting admin MySQL connection problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Troubleshooting admin MySQL connection problem [message #158867] Mon, 06 April 2009 20:27 Go to previous message
3jane is currently offline  3jane   United States
Greetings,

I'm hoping someone can help me solve a problem I'm having with FUDforum.

When I try to access the admin section it gives me this error:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'cambrian_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/cambrian/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 17

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/cambrian/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 17

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/cambrian/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 17

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/cambrian/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 189

The non-admin section of the forum is working perfectly, so it's obviously connecting to the database without a problem. It's my understanding that both sections, admin and non-admin, use the GLOBALS.php (in the includes directory), which contains the variables for the MySQL login.

The admin problem began relatively recently; it was working perfectly before that. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but the hosting provider upgraded the server and changed some paths to my FUDforum installation in the process, so I had to change the paths in GLOBALS.php accordingly. I can't remember if I used the admin after that, but I believe so.

I'm assuming it's a database connection problem, as I said.

Here's line 17 of /home/cambrian/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:
$conn = $connect_func($GLOBALS['DBHOST'], $GLOBALS['DBHOST_USER'], $GLOB
ALS['DBHOST_PASSWORD']) or die (fud_sql_error_handler("Initiating $connect_func", mysql_error(fud_sql_lnk), mysql_errno(fud_sql_lnk), "Unknown"));

FUDforum sure didn't like the diagnostic code I tried to stick in db.inc to see what was in the variables, so I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting. As I said, since the admin and forum both use the database connection vars in GLOBALS.php I don't have an explanation that doesn't involve the supernatural.

Here are some system details:

FUDforum 2.7.3
MySQL 5.0.75
PHP 5.2.9
Linux

Any help would be much appreciated.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message