FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to Moderate One Member Only
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to Moderate One Member Only [message #160416] Sat, 05 September 2009 17:13 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
... i'm having trouble with what should be a rather easy function. How do I set it so that only one person is moderated on the board? All I can see is banning them. There is something about email confirmation, but that is something else, I presume.

Where am I missing it?

Thanks and regards.
icon6.gif  Re: How to Moderate One Member Only [message #160417 is a reply to message #160416] Sun, 06 September 2009 03:56 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Exactly what is it you want to do? As I read and understand your question you wish to only approve all the posts made by a single member before they are visible to other members, and you wish to do this across the entire "Board" as opposed to just one or a few individual "Forums" on the "Board"?
However Moderation is a forum wide option
Quote:
"Moderated Forum: If set to yes, any new message will need to be approved by the forum's moderator or an administrator before it becomes visible to the public."
So it would apply to an entire forum but not to every forum on the board unless enabled individually, and I am unaware of such a specific option which applies moderation only to a single member either for a forum or the entire board.

But I could also construe it that you want to just stop this member from posting but do not wish to ban them. If that's the case then you can simply modify their privileges using the group's manager.

You also mentioned "E-mail Confirmation"
Quote:
E-mail Confirmation : If enabled each new registration will need to be confirmed via E-mail. A special URL will be sent to the e-mail specified by the user during registration, which once accessed will activate their account. Unconfirmed accounts will be removed after a set amount of days as defined by the UNCONF_USER_EXPIRY option. "
So you are correct that is something else entirely.

This does not mean you cannot do or accomplish what you want; it just means it's not as simple as turning a single function on or off! Knowing what little I do about you, your forum, its purpose, setup, and the E-mail group I believe you would benefit from creating a "Moderated group" and an "Un-Moderated group" for the forums you wish to be moderated, to which you assign your users permissions as needed/desired.

These threads should be of help:
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=7001&st
http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?&t=msg&th=350

Hope that helps.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Attachments vanishing in thread
Next Topic: how to manage private messages?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 20:23:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02307 seconds