FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Need Some Fixes, Willing to Pay
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Need Some Fixes, Willing to Pay [message #160468 is a reply to message #160466] Tue, 15 September 2009 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jm2morri is currently offline  jm2morri   Canada
naudefj wrote on Tue, 15 September 2009 02:16
Let me know what changes you want. I might be persuaded to implement some of them if you contribute to this project in some form (i.e. bounties, translation, design, etc.). Say for example, you put a bounty of $200 on "the next language below 50% that is completely translated" or something such.

Sure, I can do that. Here are the things I need fixed/upgraded:

1) Attachments included _before_ personal signature and nntp forum signature so that news clients connecting to nntp server directly don't strip attachments off as part of the signature.

2) charset of messages sent to nntp isn't correct. I can only speak for the german forums but the umlaut (as well as many others) don't appear correctly in news clients connecting to nntp server because the charset isn't correct. You can make the news client force the charset and it works but that is a kludge and shouldn't need to be done.

3) Wordwrap messages being sent nntp servers need to be wordwrapped. I've added the code for new messages but replies need to be wordwrapped before adding ">" characters in quoted message.

That's it. If I could fix those that would be great. If that is a bounty that would be useful to the project then I'll make it. How do I make that "official"?

James.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Server change
Next Topic: Where'd the message link go?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:43:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04512 seconds