FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » FUDForum 3.0 SQL errors with SQLite
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: FUDForum 3.0 SQL errors with SQLite [message #160730 is a reply to message #160710] Sat, 17 October 2009 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dewaard is currently offline  dewaard   Netherlands

I have tested your patch and it works for me. Still, I'm not sure about the str_replace line you added. The first doubt I have is how it would behave with an IPv6 address that contains the token you are replacing. It might break that. The second doubt is if it isn't a general performance loss for the majority of users (that are using normal IPv4) to perform this function here on every single call to get_ip().

One thing I'm not sure about: does FUDForum support IPv6 at all? If it doesn't it should probably give a warning during installation or upgrade. In any case, it would probably be best to do any IP address conversion centrally and only once. And only for the exception cases (IPv6/my system hybrids), in order to avoid a performance loss for the majority.

I'm sorry to be nitpicking here and maybe I'm wrong, because I haven't done any PHP development in years. My own installation works now, so that is great. But if there is anything further I can do to help regarding this issue I'm happy to do so.

Cheers, Filip
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GLOBALS.php not created on installation
Next Topic: Step 2 installation error PLEASE HELP!!!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 04:21:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04424 seconds