FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Enhanced captcha's (FUDforum 3 new feature of the day)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Enhanced captcha's [message #161058] Thu, 12 November 2009 06:16 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum 3 supports graphical captchas. See new setting in the Admin Control Panel:

Global Settings Manager
Use Captcha images:
Use a graphical captcha instead of a text captcha (only if your PHP has GD support).

The font of the graphical captcha can be changed by simply downloading truetype fonts from the Internet and copying them into the forum's /images/fonts directory.

In addition to this, one can define captcha plugins to create a custom captcha for your site. For example, you may want to ask for a registration code, your gang's secret password or use a mathematical captha.

We've also included a RECAPTCH plugin with the forum for users that wants to use the recaptcha service or just as an example of how easy it is to code such plugins.
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #161482 is a reply to message #161058] Wed, 30 December 2009 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hlopetz is currently offline  hlopetz   Russian Federation
Frank,

1)

is here a way to show captcha test on a message submit or a reply?

it seems like some people register by hand and then -- auto-login and spread the spam (

2)

can i implement a way to auto-test browser by JS without asking user? it's something like anti-captcha (see blog.fili.nl/articles/the-anti-captcha-challenge/ )

i don't want to ask user "Please enter the code shown below" it should be parsed automatically.

Andrey
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #161483 is a reply to message #161482] Wed, 30 December 2009 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
hlopetz het op Wed, 30 December 2009 08:43 geskryf:
is here a way to show captcha test on a message submit or a reply?

The forum can already show captchas for anon posting (if enabled). It won't be too difficult to change the condition to show it every time.

it seems like some people register by hand and then -- auto-login and spread the spam (

The next release will also be able to queue a user's first N posts for approval. For more spam prevention tips, see Fighting spam.

can i implement a way to auto-test browser by JS without asking user? it's something like anti-captcha (see blog.fili.nl/articles/the-anti-captcha-challenge/ )

Sure, write a plugin, make the challenge field hidden and add some JS to auto fill the field.
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #161486 is a reply to message #161483] Wed, 30 December 2009 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hlopetz is currently offline  hlopetz   Russian Federation
thanks!

naudefj Wed, 30 December 2009 02:09

Sure, write a plugin, make the challenge field hidden and add some JS to auto fill the field.

okay, i'll hide the "Please enter the code shown below" row and field by JS.
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #165771 is a reply to message #161486] Wed, 10 August 2011 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audiodef is currently offline  audiodef
I was looking for an appropriate place to post my question, and this looks like it.

I just installed FUDforum (MUCH better than phpBB. So much so, it's not even funny). It seems like the graphical captcha option doesn't work even with gd compiled into PHP. When I registered on fudforum.org just now, I see that these forums don't use the graphical captcha option.

Did I miss something? Is the graphical captcha supposed to work?
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #165772 is a reply to message #165771] Wed, 10 August 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Is it enabled in the"ACP Global Settings", and have you rebuilt all your themes?

Quote:
Use Captcha images:
Use a graphical captcha instead of a text captcha (only if your PHP has GD support).

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #165773 is a reply to message #165772] Wed, 10 August 2011 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, to both. Is there something else I could have missed?
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #165774 is a reply to message #165773] Wed, 10 August 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
audiodef wrote on Wed, 10 August 2011 11:33
Yes, to both. Is there something else I could have missed?

Not that I can think of off hand! I just tried switching the captcha on and off through the ACP and had no problems on 2 different installations so it should be available for you.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #165803 is a reply to message #165771] Fri, 12 August 2011 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
audiodef wrote:
When I registered on fudforum.org just now, I see that these forums don't use the graphical captcha option.

GD is disabled on this site, that's why you see the text captcha here.

If GD is enabled (check with php_info), and graphical captcha is enabled in the Global Settings Manager, you should see it on your forum.
Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #165806 is a reply to message #165803] Fri, 12 August 2011 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I said, GD is compiled into PHP and graphical captcha is enabled, but no captcha appears unless I turn off graphical captcha.

I'm think I should file a bug report, unless someone knows about something else I need to check.

System info:

FUDforum version: 3.0.2
PHP version: 5.3.6-pl0-gentoo

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2011 14:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enhanced captcha's [message #165807 is a reply to message #165806] Fri, 12 August 2011 17:54 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Probably a PHP error or warning when the captcha is generated (theme/default/captchaimg.php).
Please enable PHP error logging to trap it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: User-friendly and good-looking
Next Topic: strftime Warning after 3.0.3RC1 upgrade (FIXED)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 19:30:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02883 seconds