FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Include php file
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Include php file [message #161783 is a reply to message #161782] Fri, 05 February 2010 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
btweedy is currently offline  btweedy   United States
To clarify:

I have a php file (navbar.php) that I am including on my home page (domain.com/index.php).

I want to be able to include this in the forum's header (header.tmpl) so when domain.com/forum (and all pages in the forum) will display this same navbar.php.

The problem I am having is in the header.tmpl, the nav bar is displaying where I have the {REF: navbar.tmpl} statement instead of where I have the {TEMPLATE: navbar}

Right now I have navbar.inc.t in the src folder that provides the include statement.

I then have navbar.tmpl file in the tmpl for the respected forum that takes this .inc.t file. Inside this tmpl file I have the following:

{MAIN_SECTION: navbar}
{VAR: nav}
{MAIN_SECTION: END}

The nav variable is defined in the navbar.inc.t and is set to the include statement.

Now, when I put the {REF: navbar.tmpl} statement in the header.tmpl, it displays the navbar instead of where the {TEMPLATE: navbar} statement is.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Synch of newsgroup posts with web forum ?
Next Topic: Parsing a subject in a PM url
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 14:47:26 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04140 seconds