FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Changing from address on e-mails received from FUDForum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Changing from address on e-mails received from FUDForum [message #161872] Mon, 15 February 2010 18:24 Go to next message
pbshell is currently offline  pbshell   United States
I'm trying to implement FUDforums for internal communications at my company. I'm using Postfix with Mailman to import e-mail replies into the forums. The problem I'm running into is that every e-mail sent out shows as coming from forums(at)mydomain(dot)com. (I understand there is an option that sets this) However, I have multiple categories setup with multiple forums inside each category. I have a mailing list setup for each forum with it's own e-mail address. I receive e-mails when new topics are posted to the forums but in order to reply back via e-mail I need to manually change the to: address to the e-mail address associated the mailing list so that it will get attached to the correct forum. Is there somewhere in the code that I can change the e-mail address associated with each different forum topic I have?

Thanks,
Re: Changing from address on e-mails received from FUDForum [message #161874 is a reply to message #161872] Mon, 15 February 2010 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
See "Mailing List Email" at Mailing List Manager.
Re: Changing from address on e-mails received from FUDForum [message #161876 is a reply to message #161874] Mon, 15 February 2010 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pbshell is currently offline  pbshell   United States
Thanks for the quick response.

Maybe I am missing something, but I have already set the "Mailing List Email". Each forum I have has it's own e-mail address and mailing list. I am subscribed to the 4 different forums I have setup. When a new post is added to any of the forums I receive an e-mail address but it always shows at coming from forums(at)mydomain(dot)com (This is the address I set in the e-mail section of Global Settings Manager) I would like to have the e-mails show as being from the e-mail address of the mailing list to make it easier to reply via e-mail.
Re: Changing from address on e-mails received from FUDForum [message #161879 is a reply to message #161876] Mon, 15 February 2010 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, if you enable "Synchronize Forum Posts to Mailing List" and subscribe to the list, you should get the messages from the list.

You may be confusing mailing list subscription with forum subscription.
Re: Changing from address on e-mails received from FUDForum [message #166427 is a reply to message #161872] Wed, 07 December 2011 19:51 Go to previous message
upitmejeff is currently offline  upitmejeff
I have about 40 forums.

Creating mail lists for each forum is a pain, but my real issue is user management.
My users can't easily subscribe to all forums or even see their subscription status from within fudforum.

IF fudforum could send mail to forum subscribers from the address of each forum, then the mailing list would not be needed - correct?
You setup a mailbox for each forum
FUD pics up mail from the forum mailbox and posts.
When users receive a forum email, it's from 'forum1(at)domain(dot)com' so when they reply it goes to the forum mailbox.

Why use a mailing list??

Is there a way to do this?
Seems its so close to being mail-list independent...

Again- I'm more concerned about user experience.. I want users to subscribe via fudforum and never have to see a mailman subscribe page...

Thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Forum is invisible for unregistered users
Next Topic: no images in my forum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 08:14:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01753 seconds