FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » SQL Error when upgrading : #1054
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16191] Tue, 20 January 2004 10:13 Go to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Hi

I was trying to upgrade from 2.3.8 to 2.6.0. I launched the upgrade.php and here's what I got:

Checking if SQL permissions to perform the upgrade are avaliable
Disable the forum
Forum is now disabled
Beginning the file upgrade process
Begining to decompress the archive
Finished decompressing the archive
File Upgrade Complete
Any changed files were backed up to: "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/FUDforum2_data/errors/.backup/"

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Creating Avatar Cache
Populating pdest field for private messages
MySQL Error: #1054 (Unknown column 'folder_id' in 'where clause'): SELECT to_list, id FROM fud23_pmsg WHERE folder_id='SENT' AND duser_id=ouser_id

Now the forum is no longer available. All I get are empty pages. I couldn't even run the consistency check. All I can do is rerun the upgrade.php which gives the same results !

What can I do ? Please help !

Thanks !
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16196 is a reply to message #16191] Tue, 20 January 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Download the new upgrade script at:
http://bb.prohost.org/upgrade.tar.gz

and try it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16200 is a reply to message #16196] Tue, 20 January 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
It works now, thanks.

It seems that one variable was mistaken as a column identifier in the old script.

Anyway thanks a lot again.
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16267 is a reply to message #16191] Sat, 24 January 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jdarnold is currently offline  jdarnold   United States
I have the same problem. I tried download the upgrade script linked above, but it times out. Went back and download the latest upgrade script from the download section and still have the same problem. Was upgrading from 2.3.7.

Please help.

Thanks,
--David
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16293 is a reply to message #16267] Sun, 25 January 2004 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried the 2.6 forum upgrade/install scripts?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16307 is a reply to message #16293] Sun, 25 January 2004 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I did. I got the exact same error as listed above...

Quote:

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Creating Avatar Cache
Populating pdest field for private messages
MySQL Error: #1054 (Unknown column 'folder_id' in 'where clause'): SELECT to_list, id FROM fud23_pmsg WHERE folder_id='SENT' AND duser_id=ouser_id

and now when I try and access my forums, I get:

Quote:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare intnull() (previously declared in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/index.php:42) in/home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum-data/include/core.inc on line 123

I used the 2.6 UPGRADE script everytime I tried.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 18:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16310 is a reply to message #16307] Sun, 25 January 2004 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The first error is something that is fixed in the CVS.
If you download the attached upgrade script above, it should fix the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16313 is a reply to message #16310] Sun, 25 January 2004 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

If you download the attached upgrade script above, it should fix the problem.

Tried that yesterday and again just now. I can't download it because I get "Unable to contact server after trying for 60 seconds". So basically it times out...
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16318 is a reply to message #16313] Sun, 25 January 2004 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try again in a few days, the IP of the server had changed and the new DNS entries need a few days to propogate.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16362 is a reply to message #16318] Tue, 27 January 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, finally got the new upgrade script, uploaded it and changed the permissions to 666. now I get the following and it just stops:

Quote:

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Adding GLOBAL Variables
Compiling theme default
DUPE: SECTION -> approved_avatar_title found in /var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/thm/Fifth/tmpl/users_adm.tmpl (now parsing /var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/thm/Fifth/tmpl/avatar_msg.tmpl)

Trying to access the forums yields:

Quote:

Warning: fud_use(/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/include/theme/default/err msg.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum-data/include/core.inc on line 67

Warning: fud_use(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/include/theme/default/errmsg.inc ' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum-data/include/core.inc on line 67
Temporarily offline; please come back soon!__fud_ecore_adm_login_msg

Where do I go from here??

Edit: For some reason the upgrade script file size is only 58k after running the script, where it was 1.2MB before. Is this right??

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2004 01:53]

Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16375 is a reply to message #16362] Tue, 27 January 2004 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The size difference is correct, because the archive has been moved to a separate file to prevent safe_mode problems.

The problem occurred because you had some duplicate section names in the theme you've created. So the process stopped prematurely and was unable to complete rebuilding of all the themes. Hence the problem you are seeing.

You can fix the problem by running the following query and then re-running the upgrade script

UPDATE fud23_themes SET theme_opt=0 WHERE theme='Fifth';

replace fud23_ with whatever you database prefix is.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16384 is a reply to message #16375] Wed, 28 January 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The problem occurred because you had some duplicate section names in the theme you've created. So the process stopped prematurely and was unable to complete rebuilding of all the themes. Hence the problem you are seeing.

Only change I made for my theme was the addition of a link in the header - that's it.

Ilia, I'm sorry for all the trouble this has been, but I'm still not there. Now I get the following:

Quote:

Disable the forum
Forum is now disabled
File Upgrade Complete
Any changed files were backed up to: "/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/errors/.backup/"

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Setting default theme

Notice: Undefined index: LANGUAGE in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 1277

Notice: Undefined index: LOCALE in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 1277
Adding GLOBAL Variables
Compiling theme default

Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/thm/default/i18 n//charset): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum-data/include/compiler.inc on line 509
Missing Message entry postcheck_subj_needed inside i18n//msg

I swear that this was an unmodified forum install (except for the addition of the above mentioned link in the header).

EDIT: I can see where the firs Notice above results in teh incorrect directory page in the Warning. It should probably be ...i18n/english/charset. Where does the language come from?? Is there supposed to be a LANGUAGE variable in the GLOBALS.php file?? If so, there is not in my GLOBALS.php file. NOTE: I've never modified this file except through the Control Panel interface.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 02:04]

Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16385 is a reply to message #16384] Wed, 28 January 2004 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Add $GLOBALS['LANGUAGE'] = 'english'; and $GLOBALS['LOCALE'] = 'POSIX'; somewhere on line 1270

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16389 is a reply to message #16385] Wed, 28 January 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Add $GLOBALS['LANGUAGE'] = 'english'; and $GLOBALS['LOCALE'] = 'POSIX'; somewhere on line 1270

Did that but then I can't get past the MD5 Checksum test

Quote:

Warning: gzuncompress(): data error in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 879
Archive did not pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!
If you've encountered this error it means that you've:
    downloaded a corrupt archive
    uploaded the archive in ASCII and not BINARY mode
    your FTP Server/Decompression software/Operating System added un-needed cartrige return ('\r') characters to the archive, resulting in archive corruption.

Commented out the function at 879 and got the following mess:
Quote:

Disable the forum
Forum is now disabled

Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 680

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 684
File Upgrade Complete
Any changed files were backed up to: "/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/errors/.backup/"

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Adding GLOBAL Variables
Compiling theme default

Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/thm/default/i18 n//charset): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum-data/include/compiler.inc on line 509

so I figured I screwed something up with my editor (BBEDIT 6.1.2), made sure it was set with UNIX lined endings and went back to orignal UPGRADE.PHP, added globals, tried commenting out two different MD5 if statements and still got the first error listed above

All I care about is getting the Forum operational again. Don't care about templates, just would like messages intact, user info intact (not including avatars). Everything else I can recreate, could this be done with a full install instead or will it wipe everything out???
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16390 is a reply to message #16389] Wed, 28 January 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
To prevent data loss you need to run upgrade script, most other approaches will result in data being lost.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16391 is a reply to message #16390] Wed, 28 January 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, so I need the UPGRADE script to work. Any idea why it is so difficult to upgrade my forums??? As a lot of people seem to have no problems, I'm wondering what happened to make mine so difficult. I thought mine was a pretty plain install.

Where do I go from here???
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16393 is a reply to message #16391] Wed, 28 January 2004 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The 1st step would be for you to take the non-original (small one) upgrade script and modify it as per my suggestion. This will not cause problems even if \r are added to it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16394 is a reply to message #16393] Wed, 28 January 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The 1st step would be for you to take the non-original (small one) upgrade script and modify it as per my suggestion. This will not cause problems even if \r are added to it.

I see!! I was trying to update the orignal LARGE UPGRADE.php, which in retrospect was just plain stupid. Updated fine (the small one) and ran it. Now I get a similiar error in a different place.

Quote:

Disable the forum
Forum is now disabled
File Upgrade Complete

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Adding GLOBAL Variables
Compiling theme default

I'm guessing that I would need to edit this file and put the proper variable in also?? I'm exhausted, will try again tomorrow evening.

I realize that this has been a pain for you, but I really appreciate the help.
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16427 is a reply to message #16394] Fri, 30 January 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still stuck, tried to figure out where to define the missing variable in the last pst - no luck. Any other suggestions?

thanks,
David
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16448 is a reply to message #16427] Fri, 30 January 2004 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Based on the error you are seeing it seems like some variable is still not defined or incorrect. Send me your modified upgrade script and I'll take a look.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16528 is a reply to message #16448] Wed, 04 February 2004 02:43 Go to previous message
Sent you my "small" upgrade script Friday - have you had a chance to look at it and see why I don't seem to have most of the variables defined??

Thanks,
David
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion
Next Topic: Can't run install.php in forum directory...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 13:07:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03040 seconds