FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release [message #161902] Fri, 19 February 2010 07:20 Go to next message
jirel
Hi,

I previously upgraded my forum from 2.8.1 to 3.0 with minimal issues. However, when attempting to upgrade to the latest SVN release, using the built upgrade script, I am receiving the following error:

ERROR: Unknown column 'salt' in 'field list'
QUERY: SELECT passwd, salt FROM fud23_users WHERE login='xxx' AND users_opt>=1048576 AND (users_opt & 1048576) > 0

I don't see 'salt' as a current field in the fud23_users table. What could be the issue here?

Thanks & Regards.
Jirel
Re: Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release [message #161904 is a reply to message #161902] Fri, 19 February 2010 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Problem fixed as part of http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/fudforum/?rev=4911&view=rev

PS: SVN (HEAD) contains the latest development release. Please do not use it on production systems.
Re: Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release [message #161911 is a reply to message #161902] Sat, 20 February 2010 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jirel
Thanks naudefj, it works now. This update was only applied to a development forum.

The corresponding production forum will be updated up to the latest stable 3.0.0 version, until the next official update. Any idea when that will be released?

Thanks again.
Jirel
Re: Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release [message #161916 is a reply to message #161911] Sat, 20 February 2010 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Probably within the next couple of weeks. We have enough improvements and new features for a FUDforum 3.0.1 RC1 release. However, I would like to see some work done of the default theme before we make the next release available.
Re: Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release [message #161944 is a reply to message #161916] Tue, 23 February 2010 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jirel   Barbados
Thanks. Will look forward to that.

I am currently one issue in my production forum, which I recently upgraded to 3.0.0. Users are reporting that they can't login to their accounts. I have also noticed this myself after the upgrade, but luckily I was able to login with another admin account and reset my password. This seemed to fix my problem, but I would have to manually reset everyone's account.

Any reason why this would be occurring?

Thanks.
Jirel
Re: Problems upgrading forum to latest SVN release [message #161946 is a reply to message #161944] Tue, 23 February 2010 17:26 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
jirel wrote:
Users are reporting that they can't login to their accounts...Any reason why this would be occurring?

No idea. I haven't seen this on any of my forums. More info would help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: upgrade.php problem
Next Topic: Password reset issue
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 02:57:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12613 seconds