FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » 2.77 -> 3.0 upgrade Issue
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
2.77 -> 3.0 upgrade Issue [message #162150] Fri, 26 March 2010 22:56 Go to previous message
gotzoom? is currently offline  gotzoom?   United States
I would like to upgrade from FUD Forum 2.7.7 to 3.0.1. From reading over the docs, it seems that I need to go to 3.0 first and then on to 3.0.1.

Fortunately, I decided to do this in a Dev environment, so I'm not hard down, but I'd like to get this sorted out so I can upgrade my prod environment and replace the server in the process. I got the Dev environment set up based on an rsync of the FUD Forum directories and built the db from a dump of the Prod forum. I'm also upgrading from RHEL4 (Apache 2.0 + PHP 4.3 + Mysql 4.1) to CentOS5 (Apache 2.2 + PHP 5.1.6 + Mysql 5.0.) I started by performing a Mysql table upgrade (from 4.1 to 5.0,) then verified that the Dev copy of the forum works properly. First, I performed a consistency check and db check prior to doing the upgrade. I copied the 3.0 upgrade.php script in place and set the permissions to be owned by the Apache user and gave it 775 permissions. When I run the upgrade script, it processed a good number of files and finally failed throwing an error. I've attached a screenshot showing the error. I logged in to the admin portal and ran a consistency check a second time (which resulted in no errors) and tried the upgrade script again. I am still getting the same errors.

Some additional background on the forum... It's been running for about 5 years. I can't remember what version I started out with, but it was the current version at the time. I have upgraded a couple times, as I recall, but other than updating the RedHat revision of the Apache, PHP and Mysql RPMs, nothing else has changed on the forum. I run two themes. The stock (largely unmodified) theme and one skin that I downloaded and imported to the forum. No hackery whatsoever was done to the forum files or db schema.

Any suggestions on how I can go about troubleshooting this?

Error text for searchability:
ERROR: Duplicate entry 'com ' for key 2
QUERY: ALTER TABLE fud26_search CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci

index.php?t=getfile&id=5951&private=0
  • Attachment: fud_error.jpg
    (Size: 37.21KB, Downloaded 1841 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2010 22:56]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message