FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » System is extremely busy
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  System is extremely busy [message #162307] Thu, 22 April 2010 20:21 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Just finished upgrading 5th installation to version 3.0.1, during 3 of the upgrades I received this notice in RED: "You system is extremely busy (CPU load is 10.97). This will severely impact your forum's performance!".

All three of the forums I got this notice on are quite small with relatively little activity but they are all on the same host, and if I understand correctly this message refers to the host server itself (as opposed to my PC).

Is this a matter which should concern me regarding my choice of host, and its ability to handle a heaver load in the future? Can you clarify this?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: System is extremely busy [message #162308 is a reply to message #162307] Fri, 23 April 2010 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It refers to the server. For more info, please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_%28computing%29

A load of 10 on a 2 CPU system normally means that there is 5 times more work than capacity. You may want to clarify the high load with your provider. If the forum's performance is acceptable, you can just ignore the message.
icon6.gif  Re: System is extremely busy [message #162309 is a reply to message #162308] Fri, 23 April 2010 09:09 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
naudefj wrote on Thu, 22 April 2010 23:41
It refers to the server. For more info, please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_%28computing%29

A load of 10 on a 2 CPU system normally means that there is 5 times more work than capacity. You may want to clarify the high load with your provider. If the forum's performance is acceptable, you can just ignore the message.

As usual you are right on top of things! After reading your reply and the link, I went to my hosts support section where I found this notice:
Quote:
Critical Announcement! Please Read! We're very sorry about the inconvenience this is causing, but we are experiencing some network issues with some servers in our LAX data center. This is causing downtime for Private Servers and MySQL. Our network engineer is on site and we hope to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

looks like that pretty much explains it, chalk up another plus+ for FUDforum!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Email issues in Fud Forum 3.0.0
Next Topic: Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 02:10:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02002 seconds