FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Display user names in profiles
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Display user names in profiles [message #16258] Fri, 23 January 2004 12:20 Go to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Hi. Already asked this in the forum "How-to" but I think I have more chance of getting a reply here.

I would like my forum (used in an engineer school) to display the names of students and teachers (ie users) when I click on their user name to display their profiles.

In other words, I want to add the regular name of a user to the fields displayed when I view a profile.

Is there a secret option to do that ? Or do I need to modify the source code ? In which way ?

Thanks

FD
Re: Display user names in profiles [message #16281 is a reply to message #16258] Sun, 25 January 2004 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There is no secret code to do it, but adding this functionality is fairly simple. You'll need to make slight modifications to the usrinfo.tmpl and usrinfo.php.t files.

You are already a 2nd person asking for this functionality and I am considering displaying the real name of the user on that usrinfo page by default unless the user had selected the 'privacy' mode. So, keep an eye out on the changelog for the next release, you may have a pleasant surprise Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
Re : Re: Display user names in profiles [message #16341 is a reply to message #16281] Mon, 26 January 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Ilia a écrit le dim, 25 janvier 2004 11:20

There is no secret code to do it, but adding this functionality is fairly simple. You'll need to make slight modifications to the usrinfo.tmpl and usrinfo.php.t files.

Okay I'll look into this. Unfortunately I don't know PHP so I hope these modifications will be easy.

Quote:

You are already a 2nd person asking for this functionality and I am considering displaying the real name of the user on that usrinfo page by default unless the user had selected the 'privacy' mode. So, keep an eye out on the changelog for the next release, you may have a pleasant surprise Smile

That will be great ! But please also include an administrator option to force this display independently of the user's privacy setting.

Thanks

FD
Re: Re : Re: Display user names in profiles [message #16347 is a reply to message #16341] Mon, 26 January 2004 14:28 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The functionality was added, however at this time I do not want to add an admin option to force the display of this data. For people who want to force the display they just need to remove 1 line of code from usrinfo.php.t

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Can you tell me why this happend ?
Next Topic: Administrator levels
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 16:30:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03899 seconds