FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to answer a lovelorn spammer (DON'T)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon6.gif  How to answer a lovelorn spammer [message #162652] Mon, 28 June 2010 23:40 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
From time to time romance fills the air around FUDforum, causing certain individuals to uncontrollably cast aside their inhibitions and seek LOVE among the member list, sending out E-Mails such as the one quoted below.

Don't answer them; it's just a "Phishing" attempt to gain your E-mail address! In the meantime I trust that naudefj or someone else will find and delete this yahoo address's ability to send out any more such love letters.

Quote:

faithmbia72(at)xxxxxxx(dot)co(dot)uk

!!!Hello.
My name is faith i saw your profile today at fudforum.org and i love it also became intrested in you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send an email directely to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address(faithmbia72(at)xxxxxxxx(dot)co(dot)uk) i believe we can move from here.my love distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life.i waiting to recive your lovely reply soon, Yours Love.
Miss faith

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Bonjour.
Mon nom est la foi, j'ai vu votre profil aujourd'hui à fudforum.org et de l'amour i Il est également devenu intéressé à vous, je vais aussi vous en savez plus, et je veux que vous envoyez un e-mail directely à mon adresse e-mail afin que je puisse vous donner ma photo pour que vous sachiez que je am.Here est mon adresse e-mail (faithmbia72(at)xxxxxxxxxxx(dot)co(dot)uk) Je crois que nous pouvons passer de la distance amour here.my ou la couleur n'a aucune importance, mais les questions aimais beaucoup dans life.i attendant de recevoir votre belle réponse bientôt, Yours Aimer.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: How to answer a lovelorn spammer [message #162653 is a reply to message #162652] Tue, 29 June 2010 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Mr. Witcher, if you still have that message, can please forward it to me. I want to look at the message headers so I can plan a nice surprise for them in the next release.

For the rest, if you get a mail like this, please report it immediately to the forum's admin. It is important to get these users banned ASAP.

Admins may also want to disable the mail sending feature on their forums:
Global Settings in ACP
Allow E-mail:
Enable/disable the forum's built-in email clientin the Global Setttings Manager).

icon6.gif  Re: How to answer a lovelorn spammer [message #162655 is a reply to message #162653] Tue, 29 June 2010 12:57 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
My attempt to forward failed, but I imaged it and placed it in your PM folder at the guild!

("You ask and I obey as a Genie would") Laughing

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Cookie domain
Next Topic: FUD_OPT_2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 11:36:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02625 seconds