FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error [message #162649] Mon, 28 June 2010 09:43 Go to next message
yingtong is currently offline  yingtong   
This seems to be a recurrent theme on the forum (and now I've got it) and the standard answer is to use the uncompressed version of the installer, but I can't se it anywhere, can someone explain please.

My first install on Ubuntu 9 wnet fine but I've swapped to Centos5 and can't get past this error...

Should the solution be a sticky somewhere?

Tim
Re: Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error [message #162650 is a reply to message #162649] Mon, 28 June 2010 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW
I tried uploading install.php via filezilla and dreamweaver to the same effect from PC onto centos5
Re: Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error [message #162651 is a reply to message #162650] Mon, 28 June 2010 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
It can happen when you FTP the file in ASCII mode or if it is somehow incomplete or corrupt.
Can you please post the file's cksum so we can verify if it's complete.
Re: Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error [message #162654 is a reply to message #162651] Tue, 29 June 2010 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 14:11
It can happen when you FTP the file in ASCII mode or if it is somehow incomplete or corrupt.
Can you please post the file's cksum so we can verify if it's complete.

OK, I redownloaded, and then ftp'ed with a different client (Coffeecup FTP) explicitly set to binary, and it worked.

Does someone want to make this a sticky?
Re: Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error [message #162656 is a reply to message #162654] Tue, 29 June 2010 14:10 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Good feedback. Thanks!

I've added some notes to the FAQ.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: System is extremely busy
Next Topic: Error Message on Piped Email Following Upgrade
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 02:34:48 GMT 2024