FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » FUDapi - Wiki example
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
FUDapi - Wiki example [message #162680] Thu, 01 July 2010 06:20 Go to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
There is an example in the FUDapi that looks like this:
<?php
 include_once 'GLOBALS.php';
 include_once 'fudapi.inc.php';
 $topics = _fud_msg_multi(1, "SELECT root_msg_id FROM ".$GLOBALS['DBHOST_TBL_PREFIX']."thread WHERE forum_id={ARG} ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10");
 arsort($topics);
 foreach($topics as $topic) {
 	echo "POSTER: ". $topic->login ."\n";
 	echo "SUBJECT: ". $topic->subject ."\n";
 	echo "BODY: ". $topic->body ."\n\n";
 }
 ?>

However, when it returns only 1 result, it will break because of this:
	} else {
		if (count($result) == 1) {
			return array_pop($result);
		} else {
			return $result;
		}
	}
}

What is served as an array with 2 or more results, becomes a string, or something - When you print_r it, it doesnt show the usual array keys like key => value, it just lists values.

I get an MYSQL error when mine only could only return 1 result, so I commented out that part, mostly.

Re: FUDapi - Wiki example [message #162682 is a reply to message #162680] Thu, 01 July 2010 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
This is not a bug. The example can possibly be expanded to deal with single vales as well as arrays.

You will note that one of the examples already caters for this scenario:
if (is_array($t)) {...

You are welcome to document this behaviour or expand the example on the wiki.
Re: FUDapi - Wiki example [message #162684 is a reply to message #162682] Thu, 01 July 2010 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not a good enough coder to contribute there I think, i'll stick to replying to questions that i can answer to on the forum!

Your lovely software just broke 10 million page views on my site by the way! I love this little forum <3

Re: FUDapi - Wiki example [message #162687 is a reply to message #162684] Thu, 01 July 2010 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Kwoteer:
Your lovely software just broke 10 million page views on my site by the way! I love this little forum <3

Quite impressive! Over what period was it measured? My largest form is doing between 7 and 8 million page views per month.
Re: FUDapi - Wiki example [message #162689 is a reply to message #162687] Thu, 01 July 2010 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's over a period of two years, I only have around 700-800 uniques per week, it all depends on if we are playing a popular game or not, then the random visitors surge quite heavily.
100-200 posts per day, nothing fancy, but it's always nice when people use your work!

We had a severe HDD crash and lost hundred thousand posts or so a few years back, also lost our entire joomla site etc, that is when i decided to tweak FUDforum to do all the job for us.

I upgraded to 2.7.7 by hand, one fix at a time, have done a few since then also, but some of the fixes are so major I just can't be bothered hehe.

I guess it wouldnt take more than a few days to upgrade and then apply all our tweaks, but its so annoying with databases and columns and tables and a billion IF statements in the templates hehe.

Since I created a mobile theme that automatically gets enabled, cellphone visitor usability has increased enormously, but now i have done the whole path_info thing so I have to update that theme again hehe.

Re: FUDapi - Wiki example [message #162692 is a reply to message #162689] Sat, 03 July 2010 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Ernesto wrote:
Since I created a mobile theme that automatically gets enabled, cellphone visitor usability has increased enormously, but now i have done the whole path_info thing so I have to update that theme again hehe.

I'm quite interested in your mobile theme! If you are done with it, can you please share it with us as well?
Re: FUDapi - Wiki example [message #162693 is a reply to message #162689] Sat, 03 July 2010 08:14 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Ernesto wrote:

I'm quite interested in your mobile theme! If you are done with it, can you please share it with us as well?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: File attachments stops working
Next Topic: forum datadump stopped working
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 06:34:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02564 seconds