FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Board Hacked?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Board Hacked? [message #162848] Thu, 12 August 2010 02:07 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
I have a strange problem on one of my boards. I am unable to delete a couple of messages, no matter what I do. I even killed the category. When I put it back up, the messages re-appeared. I thought it was an old version in my cache, so I cleared it. The messages remain -- even in other browsers.

What is also curious is that, when I edit these same messages to strip away their content, later on, the original unedited message magically appears. What is even more strange is that the messages are originally mine. They are test messages to the forum.

Also, minutes before I tried deleting them, there was a bunch of random blank emails sent from an anonymous user with the email dev@null. There was about 50 to 100 of them. They contain no content, and the IP address is all zeros. I tried deleting the account, but was not able. Strangely, when I look at the members list, there is no such member.

Here is the mystery segment of the board: http://seanwilson.org/sworg/index.php?t=i&cat=5&S=b8db69504df073c1f 997a62882a1b6bd

The relevant problem lies in "constitutional development" and "issues and development in political life"

Any help out there?

Re: Board Hacked? [message #162849 is a reply to message #162848] Thu, 12 August 2010 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
Update. The messages have now been deleted. The culprit appears to be an error of some sort in the pipping of messages to the board. I'm completely baffled by it. For some reason, two of the pipes I have running to two separate fora in the board are not executing properly. They are looping. To stop the loop, there is some sort of automated message sent ("null" something). This is curious on my end because all of the other pipes work just fine. And the only thing you do to create a new pipe is change elementary things (email addy, etc.).

Anyway, the problem appears to be on my end. I don't know what on God's name is going on with it. Sorry to bother.
icon6.gif  Re: Board Hacked? [message #162928 is a reply to message #162849] Tue, 31 August 2010 17:43 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
No bother! Sharing is part of the reason we are here!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Not sending out confirmation mails
Next Topic: URGENT, Crying right now T_T
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 21:59:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02316 seconds