FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » [SOLVED] when posting quick reply notification setting is ignored
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
[SOLVED] when posting quick reply notification setting is ignored [message #163155] Sun, 03 October 2010 13:51 Go to next message
tux99   Switzerland
Sorry, I think I'm becoming your nr.1 bugbear...

I notice that with the following configuration notifications of new posts are sent even though they shouldn't:

Admin Control Panel:
Disable E-mail notifications: No
Smart Notification: No

User Control Panel:
Select Notification by Default: No

If the user posts a new post using the quick reply feature, Fudforum adds that thread to his subscriptions and will send email notifications with every further reply from other users.

If instead of quick reply the user makes a post with the full reply editor (where the notification tick box is not ticked by default, as expected due to the "no notification" user setting), then correctly no subscription is added and no email is sent upon further posts in the same thread.

So it seems the quick reply feature ignores the 'no notification' user preference and always adds a subscription, i.e. triggers email notifications.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2010 12:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: when posting quick reply notification setting is ignored [message #163167 is a reply to message #163155] Mon, 04 October 2010 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, it's a bug!
Try this patch: http://fudforum.svn.sourceforge.net/fudforum/?rev=5016&view=rev
You just need the last hunk (to change the isset to !empty).
Re: when posting quick reply notification setting is ignored [message #163173 is a reply to message #163167] Mon, 04 October 2010 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tux99   Switzerland
thanks, unfortunately that didn't work.

I changed just 'isset' to '!empty' but i still got the subscription to the thread after doing a quick post.
Then I replaced the whole file but still same result.
Each time I also restarted apache just in case the php files are cached by the apache-php engine (I'm not sure if that's the case).

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2010 23:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: when posting quick reply notification setting is ignored [message #163177 is a reply to message #163173] Tue, 05 October 2010 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It's a template. You need to rebuild your themes after applying the patch.
Re: when posting quick reply notification setting is ignored [message #163181 is a reply to message #163177] Tue, 05 October 2010 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tux99   Switzerland
Ok thanks, I'll try that later today.
Re: when posting quick reply notification setting is ignored [message #163186 is a reply to message #163181] Wed, 06 October 2010 12:41 Go to previous message
tux99   Switzerland
Ok, I can confirm that your patch solves the problem, thanks again.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Extremely Strange Log Numbers
Next Topic: odd issue with it complaining about invalid links when posting...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 05:33:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02723 seconds