FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Forced Forum Subscriptions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Forced Forum Subscriptions [message #163423] Fri, 29 October 2010 16:40 Go to next message
tw_nick   United States

Is there a way to subscribe all new users to a particular forum or forums by default when their account is created? Using FUD in a corporate setting for a particular division of the company, I would like to make sure that all users are automatically subscribed to a couple of forums I have in place for polls and for management announcements/information. I'm not necessarily intersted in making it so that they can not unsubscribe (though I wouldn't be opposed to this - that idea has its merits), but simply that they would automatically be subscribed to a handful of important forums by default.

(I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked/answered, but I did do my due diligence to search for it before posting and came up empty.)

Thanks in advance!
Re: Forced Forum Subscriptions [message #163491 is a reply to message #163423] Wed, 03 November 2010 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You will need to write a plugin to do it.

Use the EMAILCONFIRMED hook. As an example, look at the code for Welcome_pm.plugin.
Re: Forced Forum Subscriptions [message #163495 is a reply to message #163491] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tw_nick   United States

Thanks for the quick response. The sad part for me, given that requirement, is that I'm by no means a programmer. (My coding days ended on a Commodore 64...but I could poke and peek with the best of them back then!)

I guess I'm looking for a handout if anyone feels like taking on the challenge for the sheer "fun" of it....

LOL -- thanks again for the info!
Re: Forced Forum Subscriptions [message #163496 is a reply to message #163495] Wed, 03 November 2010 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, if you can in some other way contribute to the project, I would be more than willing to do the coding.
Re: Forced Forum Subscriptions [message #163499 is a reply to message #163496] Wed, 03 November 2010 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tw_nick   United States

What are some ways that I can help make some impact for the better? I'm always willing to help!
Re: Forced Forum Subscriptions [message #163509 is a reply to message #163499] Thu, 04 November 2010 05:24 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
It's up to you. Some suggestions: make a donation, offer a bounty for new functionality, update a translation or translate the forum into a new language, write/proofread documentation, etc.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Advantages of FUDforum over phpbb3 and SMF - anyone know the details?
Next Topic: Hide all forums unless user is logged in?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 05:34:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02182 seconds