FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion [message #16360] Mon, 26 January 2004 23:02 Go to next message
theboyhope is currently offline  theboyhope   United Kingdom

I keep getting this error when trying to run the conversion from phpBB to FUD:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ses_get() in c:\program files\apache group\apache\FUDforum\include\theme\default\users.inc on line 36

Anyone know where the ses_get() function is defined?
Re: phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion [message #16361 is a reply to message #16360] Tue, 27 January 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Add unset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']); below the line that defines __WEB__ constant.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion [message #16367 is a reply to message #16360] Tue, 27 January 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well that was a better answer than I was expecting! Made quite a lot of difference - thanks.

I got a few errors during the conversion but all looks well after running the consistency check.

Thanks again.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2004 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion [message #16414 is a reply to message #16360] Wed, 28 January 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again.

I had a blank FUD forum installed on a server, so after doing the conversion locally, I dropped the converted DB over the one on the server. That had all my users, categories, topics, etc. but no messages.

After I quick search I realised I would need the files in the 'messages' folder. So, I uploaded those and now I'm getting this:
Quote:

Warning: main(./GLOBALS.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/hivemind/public_html/fud/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hivemind/public_html/fud/index.php on line 13

Does anyone know what might be causing this error? Well the 'permission denied' is a clue, of course, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it suddenly doesn't have permission.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 23:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion [message #16415 is a reply to message #16414] Thu, 29 January 2004 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
make sure webserver has permissions to open GLOBALS.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion [message #16485 is a reply to message #16360] Sun, 01 February 2004 20:53 Go to previous message

Yeah, it goes okay after resetting the permissions.

I've no idea why they were changed, but at least it works now. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: CGI Error
Next Topic: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 16:50:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02771 seconds