FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Administrator does not have permission?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Administrator does not have permission? [message #16429] Fri, 30 January 2004 08:32 Go to previous message
Delta is currently offline  Delta   United States
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my forums up and running. It seems that somehow my administrator account has gotten blocked, so that I cannot login without getting an error message -- saying my account is not confirmed -- and yet in spite of this message, I find I am logged in according to the top of the screen.

Logged in, I have administrator privileges, and can do almost everything, but---

* I cannot actually make any post whatsoever. Every post gets listed as anonymous -- and this happens even though in my group permissions unregistered users cannot see or post anything!

* Neither can any other user who is logged in make any post. Actually, some seem to be having trouble logging in at all, saying they are unconfirmed, even though (1) I had email confirmation disabled and (2) there are no users in the approval cue.

* In that groups panel, I can add group managers but I cannot add users -- I get an error saying I do not have permissions.

The error log is filled:
Quote:

[Error] ERROR: Your account is not yet confirmed

[Error] ERROR: Insufficient Permissions

I've been at this for hours, and cannot figure out what is wrong. This is the first time I have used this program, so if anyone has any ideas, please be kind to my ignorance!

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 1st step of Installation: Access Rights Settings
Next Topic: Upgrading concerns
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 17:28:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04229 seconds