FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Problems posting after Server Reload
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  Problems posting after Server Reload [message #1641] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:52 Go to next message
djhankb is currently offline  djhankb   United States
ok... so I just had to reload my webserver.. Running RedHat 7.1
Apache 1.3.19/MySQL 3.23.96/PHP 4.0.4pl1
to re-install my databases, i just copied the database files to /var/lib/mysql and set the permissions. i got everything up and running, except when i try to post on the forum i get this error:

Warning: fopen("/home/crx/public_html/forum/errors/error_dialog.log"," ;ab") - Permission denied in /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/error.inc on line 67

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/error.inc on line 68

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/error.inc on line 69

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/error.inc on line 70

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/error.inc:67) in /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/cookies.inc on line 129

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/error.inc:67) in /home/crx/public_html/forum/include/error.inc on line 78

any help would be appreciated.
BTW my url is: http://65.24.113.96/crx/forum/

THANKS!!
-Henry
Re: Problems posting after Server Reload [message #1644 is a reply to message #1641] Sat, 20 April 2002 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Make sure the webserver can write to file /home/crx/public_html/forum/errors/error_dialog.log

If the file does not exist, do the following:

touch /home/crx/public_html/forum/errors/error_dialog.log
chmod 666 /home/crx/public_html/forum/errors/error_dialog.log

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problems posting after Server Reload [message #1645 is a reply to message #1644] Sat, 20 April 2002 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djhankb is currently offline  djhankb   United States
awesome thanks...
are there any other files that need chmodded to 666?
or what is the file that explains this.
-Henry
Re: Problems posting after Server Reload [message #1646 is a reply to message #1645] Sat, 20 April 2002 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Normally the install leaves all files it creates owned by the webserver so there is no problem with files needing to be chmoded 666.

You probably need to chmod messages, files directories 777 and the files in them to 666 if they are not chmoded like that already.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problems posting after Server Reload [message #1655 is a reply to message #1641] Sat, 20 April 2002 19:52 Go to previous message
hackie is currently offline  hackie   Canada
Core Developer

Hackie would glady replace his accord by a B18C powered CRX (of course I'd want some sort of an LSD then)Razz.. heh. The F22B1 just doesn't have what I want from it Wink.. maybe some forced induction would help Smile

cc intelligence.c -o intelligence
$ ./intelligence
Segmentation fault

[Updated on: Sat, 20 April 2002 19:52]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Polls enabled, no "create poll" link on post form
Next Topic: There is no login.php
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 11:22:45 GMT 2024