FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Can't run install.php in forum directory...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can't run install.php in forum directory... [message #16568] Sat, 07 February 2004 19:11 Go to next message
my3shadows is currently offline  my3shadows   United States
I have had a horrible time this past week with this thing. I DID have it installed correctly and then my host wiped out my database and then told me I was SOL. So on to host #2...Can't get past the database screen on install. Get a locked tables error - host can't figure out how to turn on the locked tables permission - even after I told them how to do it! Ugh...onto host #3...

Now...I made my forums folders (data root and the other one) just fine, chmod them to 777, uploaded the install.php file in binary to my forums folder. I go to run the installer and I get an internal server error. My error log tells me "premature end of script headers". On a hunch, I moved the install.php file out of the forums directory and put it by itself in the public_html directory to see if it would run there and it worked...everything installed fine. The only problem now is I can't leave the forum there because the index.php file comes up instead of my index.htm file on my main site.

Any idea why I can't run the install file when it's in a subdirectory? My host says I should be able to run php files in any directory (duh) and that there must be a variable problem in the install file. Which doesn't make any sense at all since I've never had this problem anywhere else.

As good of forum as FUD forum is...I really didn't want it as my main site page... Razz So if someone can help me figure this mess out I'd really appreciate it.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 February 2004 20:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't run install.php in forum directory... [message #16570 is a reply to message #16568] Sun, 08 February 2004 01:01 Go to previous message
my3shadows is currently offline  my3shadows   United States
After emailing my help desk back and forth several times, I finally have it working.

For future reference, if anyone else has the same problem...

It appears my host is running php as a cgi and they are running a security thing called PHPSUEXEC. In the rules they sent me for running php scripts with PHPSUEXEC, it said that scripts can only be run in the root directoy of the web site.

So...their way around it was to set up a sub-domain with it's own cgi-bin and run the forum from there. I hadn't even considered doing that, but it worked, so that's all I care about.

Finally! I've encountered a help desk that can actually help! What a concept.

Thanks,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054
Next Topic: Path-Info produces wrong Smiley-Path :-(
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 19:42:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02220 seconds