FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » forum is disabled automatically
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
forum is disabled automatically [message #165843] Wed, 17 August 2011 07:19 Go to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
Forum is disabled automatically after a fatal error: Rebuilding private messages, when I attempt to Return to forum the forum is disabled and must be re-enabled!

Is that a new feature with 3.0.3RC1, or have I just missed out on it all this time?

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: forum is disabled automatically [message #165849 is a reply to message #165843] Wed, 17 August 2011 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
It's been like that since I've started using FUDforum. I cannot even remember the version, it's either too long ago or I'm getting too old to remember.
Re: forum is disabled automatically [message #165850 is a reply to message #165849] Wed, 17 August 2011 18:19 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   United States
naudefj wrote on Wed, 17 August 2011 10:12
It's been like that since I've started using FUDforum. I cannot even remember the version, it's either too long ago or I'm getting too old to remember.

I'm right there with you in the old department, so I certainly understand! Cool

The message clearly says its "Disabling the forum for the duration of maintenance run." Before it hit's the fatal error so it makes sense that it would still be disabled.

But for the life of me I couldn't remember it from before (and lord knows I've messed up enough times).

Maybe I' should just be thankful that the forum is still there and functional, at any rate I'm still working on trying to figure it out so if you have any words of wisdom I'm all ears.

UPDATE: Ok I see it now; it was being disabled when encountering the error during the "Rebuild Messages" process, not on every error!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"

[Updated on: Wed, 17 August 2011 21:28]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Multiple domains, one forum, default to container
Next Topic: fudForum and XCache
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 17:03:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02515 seconds