FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Disabled forum message saving in GLOBALS.php with \r\n (Gives "PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in GLOBALS.php)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Disabled forum message saving in GLOBALS.php with \r\n [message #166617] Sun, 29 January 2012 09:40 Go to next message
DaveQB is currently offline  DaveQB   Australia

When I make changes that seem to save to the GLOBALS.php file my whole forum stops working.

Looking deeper I see the error:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in <full path>/GLOBALS.php

Looking at that file with VI I see a bunch of ^M<br /> in the DISABLED_REASON var.

I used Firefox 9.0.1 on PCLinuxOS to edit that Disabled reason. Actually this should not matter as I fix those line endings but then the error comes back next save to GLOBALS.php.

It seems DISABLED_REASON does not expect new lines and adds DOS line endings when doing so.

Re: Disabled forum message saving in GLOBALS.php with \r\n [message #166618 is a reply to message #166617] Sun, 29 January 2012 14:10 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I remember a similar problem in older releases. I trust it would be a problem on newer releases.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Issue with consist.php
Next Topic: PHP Fatal error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 06:22:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02237 seconds