FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Customising Help Text
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Customising Help Text [message #166808] Tue, 28 February 2012 20:33 Go to next message
Multitool is currently offline  Multitool
Hello!
I'm very new to FUDforum, and still experimenting to see if it will meet my requirements, but so far it looks superb! The bi-directional NNTP gateway not only works, but works fantastically well - I am seriously impressed with this Laughing

Anyway, my question - is there a "proper" way to customise the Help text, as shown when the user clicks on "Help" at the top of the screen?

The reason being that a lot of it is irrelvant to my particular installation - for example, the default text prattles on at length about the advantages of Registering. This is totally irrelevant as my users will authenticate via LDAP, and user registrations will be disabled.

I can edit the text within the live theme directory, but this gets replaced with default text every time the theme is recompiled, so just wondering if there is a correct way to do this?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Customising Help Text [message #166812 is a reply to message #166808] Wed, 29 February 2012 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The /theme/ directory contains cache files (as indicated by the README file in this directory).

The correct way is to use the Help_File_Editor ACP.
If you prefer to edit the files directly, look under DATA/thm/default/en/help/
Re: Customising Help Text [message #166817 is a reply to message #166812] Wed, 29 February 2012 17:36 Go to previous message
Multitool is currently offline  Multitool   United Kingdom
naudefj wrote on Tue, 28 February 2012 21:22
The /theme/ directory contains cache files (as indicated by the README file in this directory).

The correct way is to use the Help_File_Editor ACP.
If you prefer to edit the files directly, look under DATA/thm/default/en/help/

Many thanks - I feel silly now!

As usual, I was expecting it to be much more complicated than it actually is Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Searching in Japanese character gives (almost) no result
Next Topic: Some issues with PHP 5.3 (in FUDforum 3.0.1)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 09:12:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02416 seconds