FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Which is password for users imported with NNTP?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Which is password for users imported with NNTP? [message #166982] Fri, 13 April 2012 07:48 Go to next message
WhiteTiger is currently offline  WhiteTiger   
I've imported a lot of messages from a usenet newsgroup and FUDForum has created the users, but with which password?
Obviously in newsgroup nobody use his real email address and so also these are imported wrong and now they cannot ask back the actual FUD password.

Any suggest?

Re: Which is password for users imported with NNTP? [message #166983 is a reply to message #166982] Fri, 13 April 2012 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
There is nothing FUDforum can do if the e-mail addresses are wrong. You as admin will have to fix them manually. Alternatively, merge "fake" accounts with real accounts (see Merge Users ACP).

Once the e-mail addresses are fixed, users can use the "reset password" function to gain access to their accounts.

Best of luck!
Re: Which is password for users imported with NNTP? [message #167132 is a reply to message #166983] Wed, 02 May 2012 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhiteTiger is currently offline  WhiteTiger   
The question is another.
If I usually write in usenet usergroup by Google Groups with username="Johnny Begood" and password "rockndroll", then in FUDF I see the username "Johnny Begood".
Can I login with a username with a space in middle?
And then, what which password? I don't want to think that Google sends my password with my posts for the usenet.
So FUD Forum has a username (with a space) and none password. It's right?

Re: Which is password for users imported with NNTP? [message #167135 is a reply to message #167132] Wed, 02 May 2012 13:36 Go to previous message
WhiteTiger is currently offline  WhiteTiger   Italy
I've personally verified that is it.
I can login using a login name with a space in the middle but there are no password in the profile.
So first I requested the reset of password and then I login in forum with this new password.
A bit complicated, but it is funcional.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Joomla Integration
Next Topic: Installing a fresh forum for an idiot...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 11:24:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02103 seconds