FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing" [message #1671] Sat, 20 April 2002 23:25 Go to next message
basse is currently offline  basse   Finland
Strangely enough, the title of a thread with "-characters in it is properly displayed in the actual message view but not in the page where you can snoop on others. This is what you get:
Replying to Missing default option for "Show avatars" in FUDforum 2

This applies to at least the 1.2.x series. I do not know if it also applies to the new soon-to-be-2.x.x.
Re: Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing" [message #1673 is a reply to message #1671] Sat, 20 April 2002 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It is actually a BUG with php's regex...

I will see if a work around can be made for this.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing" [message #1675 is a reply to message #1673] Sat, 20 April 2002 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 2:27 AM

It is actually a BUG with php's regex...

Do you know if it's reported to the php developers yet? If not, maybe we should report it.
Re: Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing" [message #1678 is a reply to message #1675] Sat, 20 April 2002 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I want to be 100% sure it is not our fault, it is a rather anoying bug too since I cannot replicate it everytime...

Also, I haven't tried it on php 4.2.0-RC4, so it may have been already fix. However, if it a php bug, a work aroung will still need to be made, since most people won't be running the very latest version of PHP.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing" [message #1683 is a reply to message #1678] Sat, 20 April 2002 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 2:36 AM

However, if it a php bug, a work aroung will still need to be made, since most people won't be running the very latest version of PHP.

Yeah, sure. Since I run php 4.0.6 and won't be upgrading to 4.2 in a while I would surely appreciate a workaround. I just thought that it still might be a good idea to report bugs to the developers.
Re: Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing" [message #1742 is a reply to message #1683] Mon, 22 April 2002 02:33 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've reworked the code in both 1.2X & 2.

The code no longer uses regular expression to attach the session ids to the urls. Hopefuly, this will fix the problem.

The new code is in CVS, the latest version of actions.php page is running on this forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Moderator Options Limited to "Move?"
Next Topic: Level Manager Error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:39:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03257 seconds