FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Same thread in two different places?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Same thread in two different places? [message #167650] Tue, 21 August 2012 15:56 Go to next message
gmsalex is currently offline  gmsalex   Ukraine
Hi all!

I've searched documentation,but can't find information is it possible to display one thread in several different places on the forum?
Like we have an ability to create symbolic links of file on UNIX like OS which point to same file, i want to make such "symbolic" links for a thread or a subforum?
If this is impossible maybe someone have tips how to implement this or achieve similar effect.

Thanks
Re: Same thread in two different places? [message #167651 is a reply to message #167650] Tue, 21 August 2012 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
You can setup "forum links" in the Forum Manager.

Topics leave ponters if you move them between forums, so I'm sure it won't be too difficult to add.
Re: Same thread in two different places? [message #167794 is a reply to message #167651] Thu, 27 September 2012 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jtz is currently offline  jtz   United States
Hello,

Where exactly are "forum links"?

I've looked at the Forum Manager for 3.03 and can't find a setup for "forum links" anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help
Re: Same thread in two different places? [message #167795 is a reply to message #167794] Thu, 27 September 2012 05:37 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
In Forum Manager:

"External redirect

Enter a URL if this is a virtual or redirect forum that points to a different internal or external location. This field should normally be left empty. This feature was introduced with FUDforum release 2.8.1.

NOTE: If the forum already contains messages, they will be "hidden" (not removed) and will re-appear if the URL is removed. Handy if you need to "take a forum down" for maintenance."
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Access to member list
Next Topic: Proxies
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 23:32:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05341 seconds