FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » User name in 2-byte
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
User name in 2-byte [message #167959] Tue, 27 November 2012 00:48 Go to next message
samkoi is currently offline  samkoi   Japan
Hi,

I reloaded the forum dump after reinstalling FUD with a message saying the admin username/password does not match, so I decided to void the new user name and password.

As I remembered the previous admin user name was consisted of 2-byte characters (Japanese), I typed that 2-byte user name but it got collapsed (garbled) before it was processed so I haven't been able to log in, even though I kept putting the correct user name and passrowd. Sad

Can anyone please teach me how I can get out of here?

Samkoi
Re: User name in 2-byte [message #167971 is a reply to message #167959] Sat, 01 December 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
The characters was probably garbled during your export/import attempt.

What version of FUDforum are you using (I trust it's one of the newer utf8-enabled releases)? How was the data exported and re-imported?
Re: User name in 2-byte [message #167976 is a reply to message #167959] Sat, 01 December 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I used 3.0.4. I had exported the data using earlier version (which was back in February or March) and tried to import the data to that latest version. Should I use older version?
Re: User name in 2-byte [message #167978 is a reply to message #167976] Sat, 01 December 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Newer versions use the UTF-8 charset. The old forum's data was probably in a different charset. If so, you'll have to somehow convert the data before re-importing it.

BTW: You SHOULD NOT export/ import between versions. Rather use the provided upgrade script!
Re: User name in 2-byte [message #167979 is a reply to message #167978] Sat, 01 December 2012 22:46 Go to previous message
Thanks for the info. Just adding a little script to the end of the header had messed up the top page (even after I deleted it) so I needed to start from the scratch, thinking simply upgrading the forum would not fix the problem.

Thanks,
Samkoi
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: NNTP headers, NNTP users--And some other newbie questions
Next Topic: how to create an automatic process to add a list of users
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 06:59:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06289 seconds