FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Spell Checker.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Spell Checker. [message #16397] Wed, 28 January 2004 13:16 Go to next message
mocara is currently offline  mocara   United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've tried this a number of different times myself. I can't however get spell checking to work. So I was wondering could some kind soul out there who is running apache/php take me through the steps to install and get pspell working with an English dictionary? There are so many different downloads and versions possible that I've got seriously confused. I'd like to know the veriosn you download and wher from, which configs you used etc..

I'd love to get the spell checker working, I think it would be a great enhancement to my site.

Regards.
Same here - - Spell Checker. - - how to get it on stream? [message #16817 is a reply to message #16397] Thu, 19 February 2004 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kate is currently offline  Kate   United States
Same here - - Spell Checker. - - how to get it on stream?

This is my first message. I am co-administrator of a board and the membership would very much like to have the spell checker up and running.

Within the Administrative options I have selected the enable option for spell checker, yet nothing seems to happen Shocked and I cannot finding anything specific in the documentation to address this issue.

I see the spell check message box at the bottom of the text, but no such box appears on my board when the enable option is pressed. I am sure I am missing something, but I can't seem to see what it is.

Kate
Re: Same here - - Spell Checker. - - how to get it on stream? [message #16818 is a reply to message #16817] Thu, 19 February 2004 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Your spell checker may be missing the dictionary file or cannot find it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Follow-on Question Spell Checker. [message #16819 is a reply to message #16818] Thu, 19 February 2004 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you! Smile

Is there any way I can download a dictionary or search it out or reload it, if is not there? I really appreciate the help.

Kate
Re: Follow-on Question Spell Checker. [message #16820 is a reply to message #16819] Thu, 19 February 2004 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The dictionary can be obtain from apsell's website, http://aspell.net/. Instructions on how to download and install it can be found there as well.

FUDforum Core Developer
Thank you [message #16821 is a reply to message #16820] Thu, 19 February 2004 17:27 Go to previous message
Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Text Locations.
Next Topic: Merging two forums posts.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 13:18:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02068 seconds