FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Forum Password Reset Failure (Cannot reset password to THIS forum)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Password Reset Failure [message #168250] Tue, 19 March 2013 20:36 Go to next message
proc is currently offline  proc   
While I am battling a particular bug in FUDForum, I tried to log in here in order to post a plea for help.

So, I can't remember my password here, so I sent the reset request. Got the reset email, followed the link, and instead of it bringing me to the "reset password" page, I get a login page. Tried two different browsers to no avail. So, I created a new account. Sad

Just thought I would report it.
Re: Forum Password Reset Failure [message #187080 is a reply to message #168250] Tue, 15 March 2016 21:06 Go to previous message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224   United States
I have been assisting a long-time user with a similar problem on his forum. It turned out that following the link in the reset email message triggers the password reset and takes you to the login page. It also causes transmission of a second email message that contains the new login credentials, so you have to look for that second message before you can actually log in. This is arguably a bug; at least one user seems to have gone through half a dozen password reset attempts before finally getting the sequence right. Our fix was to modify the messages involved to make it clear(er) that there would be two e-mail messages.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Email confirmation link not working
Next Topic: maillist.php and base64 encoded emails
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 23:11:54 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02712 seconds