FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » fud forum msg storage
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
fud forum msg storage [message #16853] Tue, 24 February 2004 16:56 Go to next message
oblomov is currently offline  oblomov   Italy
Hi,

if I got it right fudforum store msg bodies in a singel flat file in the "message" directory rigth?

why was this choiche made? (it's not better the sql server?)
which are the functions/classes managing msg storage? where are they? is there a developers documentation?

Thanks
Re: fud forum msg storage [message #16855 is a reply to message #16853] Tue, 24 February 2004 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
As to why this is done, search the forum archives, this has been explained many times. The source code for the interaction with the file is found inside fileio.inc.t

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fud forum msg storage [message #16859 is a reply to message #16853] Tue, 24 February 2004 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oblomov is currently offline  oblomov   Italy
ok, thanks I found the interesting message after many replies to stupid people like me that don't search the archive first (I deserved it...) Embarassed

I'll look into the fileio functions and try to understand.
Is there any particular other file I should look into to add msg into the forum from an external application?

Anyway in this thread http://fud.prohost.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=120&start=0&rid =1400&SQ=e8c4d3fc1632834fa583333d361cc4cd is said that each thread is stored in a different file while as I'm testing with my install I've just a sinlge msg_1 file with message from different threads, forum and even cateogry! Confused

(it should be mentioned that I'm using the modified fudforum that comes with egroupware but I don't think this is a problem).

Thanks
Re: fud forum msg storage [message #16861 is a reply to message #16859] Tue, 24 February 2004 19:29 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
All messages are stored inside a single file at this point in time. As far as posting messages from external application look at imsg_edt.inc.t and maillist.php & nntp.inc/nntp.php for real life applications that do so.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Forum Management
Next Topic: Fatal error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 05:17:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02811 seconds