FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Moving from Windows to Linux (FATAL ERROR: No session, check your forum's URL and COOKIE settings.)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169168] Mon, 02 September 2013 06:28 Go to next message
Azrael is currently offline  Azrael   
I'm trying to move my forum from a Windows server to a Linux server. I installed the same version of FUDforum on Linux as I have on Windows (3.0.4), exported my data in windows (via 'Make forum data dump') and imported on the Linux side (I used the command 'php -q admimport.php /home/FUDforum_13_06_2013_02_16.fud.gz'). It looks like the import was successful, however if I try to use FUDforum on the Linux server, I get the following message:

FATAL ERROR: No session, check your forum's URL and COOKIE settings.

The forum seemed to work ok on the linux side after the initial install but after the import I get the above error.

Any ideas?
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169174 is a reply to message #169168] Mon, 02 September 2013 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Azrael wrote on Mon, 02 September 2013 08:28
FATAL ERROR: No session, check your forum's URL and COOKIE settings.

Check your settings in GLOBALS.php and adjust until the problem goes away.
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169177 is a reply to message #169174] Mon, 02 September 2013 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But adjust what? The settings didn't change before and after the import (it worked before)... All the obvious things look correct (the paths, WWW_ROOT, etc.)
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169178 is a reply to message #169177] Mon, 02 September 2013 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It's difficult to say without access to your site, but my first guess would be COOKIE_PATH & COOKIE_DOMAIN.

Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169181 is a reply to message #169178] Mon, 02 September 2013 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would have been my guess too but the values look right and the same GLOBALS.php file works before the import so it seems like the problem is either outside of GLOBALS.php or something that must change within GLOBALS.php because of the import.

I did an export then an import on the Linux side and that worked fine. It seems to be something specific with the data I am importing from the Windows side. It doesn't seem to matter whether i do the import via the command line or via the import forum data option within FUDforum.

Has anybody here ever successfully attempted this (exporting a forum on Windows, importing on Linux)?

[Updated on: Mon, 02 September 2013 20:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169186 is a reply to message #169181] Tue, 03 September 2013 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you share the dump with me to see if I can replicate the problem?
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169196 is a reply to message #169186] Wed, 04 September 2013 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I believe i have found the nature of the problem. One of them anyway... I'm running out of memory during the import no matter how much I give php.ini and admimport.php. Stupid me had errors turned off so I wasn't seeing errors and thought the script was completing successfully... Anyway, here's the error from the php error log:

PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=24933 in /opt/lampp/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 110
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /opt/lampp/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 54

It's using 2 GB at this point. Seems to fail at the same place no matter how high I set the memory.

If it will still help, I'll send you the forum dump somehow (it's about 100 megs).

[Updated on: Wed, 04 September 2013 06:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169200 is a reply to message #169196] Wed, 04 September 2013 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try to change the line with
@ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
to:
@ini_set('memory_limit', '-1');
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169201 is a reply to message #169200] Wed, 04 September 2013 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried the import from the command line after making this change to admimport.php. Import went along normally (as far as i could tell) until it got to the msg table. Then php memory usage rose rapidly to 4.6GB, hard drive thrashed for a while and the system locked up.
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169203 is a reply to message #169201] Thu, 05 September 2013 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure what's going on here. Will send you a private mail to discuss.
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169210 is a reply to message #169203] Sat, 07 September 2013 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I was able to import your dump on a Linux server. It took +- 5 minutes (with "Skip Search Index" checked). Memory usage never went over 1 Meg. You may have a buggy PHP version, try upgrading it to a later release.
Re: Moving from Windows to Linux [message #169255 is a reply to message #169210] Fri, 13 September 2013 20:46 Go to previous message
Azrael is currently offline  Azrael   United States
Just following up here in case someone has the same problem:

So my problem was that PHP kept complaining it was running out of memory when I was trying to import my forum on Linux (originally exported on Windows). It didn't matter how high I set the memory limit, PHP would always run out, going so far as to consume the entire system memory if I let it. I tired a couple different versions of PHP and it didn't seem to make a bit of difference. On one of my various re-installs of FUDForum I tried selecting a different database type (the default was always MySQLi, I chose PDO: MySQL in this case). It still failed but this time I got a different error. The error was "Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message ... 08S01: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes". I changed the MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET setting from the default of 1MB to 512MB in MySQLs my.cnf file and this seems to have solved the problem with either database type selection.

My guess is this doesn't really have anything to do with going from Windows to Linux but has to do either with the size of the database or of an individual forum but I'm just guessing. Anyway, after much frustration and many e-mails to naudefj (thanks again!) the problem seems to be solved.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Users can't log in using Chrome or Internet Explorer
Next Topic: Answers with Re: Re: Re: etc...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 02:05:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02782 seconds