FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » upgrade problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
upgrade problems [message #17004] Tue, 09 March 2004 16:27 Go to next message
k001 is currently offline  k001   Russian Federation

I am trying to upgrade FUDforum used on forum.aspseek.org site. All attempts are failing (have tried all 2.5.x, 2.6.0 and 2.6.1RC3, used .tar.gz, .tar.bz2 and .zip archives). Below is description of the problem

When I use zlib versions, I am getting to Login screen, and after succesfull login I am presented with some garbage (looks like it's gzip-compressed). Tried it with three browsers (Mozilla 1.6/Linux, elinks 0.4.2/Linux and M$IE 6.0/Win2K). I assume that script is sending zlib-compressed data to my browsers and they don't understand that data. Probably the problem is script doesn't add proper "Content-Encoding:" header.

OK, so I tried to use non-zlib versions. All of them are giving me "Archive did not pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!".

Please advice, your help will be invalueable.
Re: upgrade problems [message #17005 is a reply to message #17004] Tue, 09 March 2004 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Try to disable the memory limit temporary while the upgrade script is running.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: upgrade problems [message #17008 is a reply to message #17004] Tue, 09 March 2004 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k001 is currently offline  k001   Russian Federation

Don't know how to do it - disabling memory limit doesn't help as, according to info returned by phpinfo(), it is set to 8M if commented out in php.ini.

So I set it to 88M - and checked that it was set by using phpinfo() - but it didn't help either.

More info bits: apache error log doesn't seem to have anything related, and deleting file fudforum_archive doesn't help. And yes, I have checked md5sums of the downloaded archive. Can check md5sum of upgrade.php script as long as you will give it to me. Oh, here is md5sum of upgrade.php right after unzipping/untarring: ea3c85e4b66780ae7741c607b78add6d.

Seems that it's not my day today Sad

Update: set memory_limit to -1 to disable it. Doesn't help eother.
Re: upgrade problems [message #17009 is a reply to message #17008] Tue, 09 March 2004 17:07 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you want send me (via PM) login info for the server & the forum and I'll try to upgrade the forum (perhaps there is a bug with the upgrade script).

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mailing List - maillist.php
Next Topic: problem updating from 2.3.2 to 2.6.0
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 14:38:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02181 seconds