FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » FudCode
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon3.gif  FudCode [message #1624] Sat, 20 April 2002 14:46 Go to next message
JayЩ~ is currently offline  JayЩ~   United States
Hey guys. Where is the code or what file to find the FudCode? I couldn't find it. I'm bored this weekend and would like to add some more bbcode other than the stock. When I get it done I'll email them to you so maybe you can add it the release. I usually deal with C++/C on a daily bases but php or any other language is a break for me.

Found a bug when you click on the profile link, my debugger complains about an error on line 110 expecting a ')' in the html code. Where that is in the php file I have no idea.

Under the MIME management, this error shows up.

"Query Failed: SELECT * FROM fud_mime
Reason: Table 'forum.fud_mime' doesn't exist
Server Version: 3.23.47"

Other than that, FUD rocks! Let me know where the FUDCode exist, I really like to add my own bbcodes to it.

Picture the daffodil. And while you do that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.
Re: FudCode [message #1625 is a reply to message #1624] Sat, 20 April 2002 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The FUDcode can be found inside post_proc.inc.t file.

It contains both encoding & decoding functions.

Which release of the FUDforum2 are you running RC-1?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1626 is a reply to message #1624] Sat, 20 April 2002 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more thing, the avatar manager doesn't allow you to see the avatars once uploaded. I checked the permissions and thought maybe that was it but I changed the permissions so they were world readable and that didn't help. So I'm not sure what is wrong there.

Picture the daffodil. And while you do that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.
Re: FudCode [message #1628 is a reply to message #1626] Sat, 20 April 2002 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you're running RC-1 wait till RC-2 the mime bug has been already fixed, the other bug may have been fixed already...

I am not telling you to grab the CVS because the compiler in the CVS is not "very unstable".

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1630 is a reply to message #1625] Sat, 20 April 2002 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sat, 20 April 2002 11:11 AM

The FUDcode can be found inside post_proc.inc.t file.

It contains both encoding & decoding functions.

Which release of the FUDforum2 are you running RC-1?

I'm running the RC-1. I don't know how your CVS is setup or where to get it so I'll leave that to you guys.

Re: FudCode [message #1631 is a reply to message #1630] Sat, 20 April 2002 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie Smile

Actually if you want to grab thr CVS read the CVS thread inside this forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1634 is a reply to message #1631] Sat, 20 April 2002 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do we turn on images and smilies on in the forums?

Mine shows up as off but smilies seem to work. Can't get my fudcode to work. I'v checked over the code more than once and it should work.

Re: FudCode [message #1635 is a reply to message #1634] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless the user has to press one of the format tools for the fudcode to work? I see your passing a variable $fudml into the function. That have anything to do with it?

Re: FudCode [message #1636 is a reply to message #1635] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The format tools are helpers, you can type in fudcode manually if you like.

$fudml contains the complete message body.

The function goes through the entire body and using regex tries to replace any FUDcode it finds with its HTML equivalent.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1637 is a reply to message #1636] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok that makes sense to me now. For some reason it won't see my [scroll]. I seen the post_proc.inc which is where I added the code. What purpose of that file? I see in the ppost.php the same set of functions which I didn't add the code too.

<----- my images and smilies show up as off but they still work. Their on when you pm or edit I believe.

Re: FudCode [message #1638 is a reply to message #1637] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
post_proc.inc.t is the file you should be editing, it is the PHP source of the template. When the compiler runs it inlines this code into all the files that need it.

The post_proc.inc file shouldn't be edited manually, because it will get overwritten anytime you compile the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1639 is a reply to message #1638] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL ok! Now I get it. I just wasn't on the same brain wave as you but I got it now.

Re: FudCode [message #1640 is a reply to message #1639] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The FUDforum's compiler works very much C & C++ compilers, when the compile static binaries. Smile

Btw. a working compiler is now complete Smile

It is much faster then the compiler in RC-1, this one compiles the entire forum is 1-3 seconds.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1642 is a reply to message #1640] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, I'll get the CVS and give it a spin and see what I get. Would it matter if the rc-1 is installed or should I delete that all together?

Re: FudCode [message #1643 is a reply to message #1642] Sat, 20 April 2002 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It will overwrite all the files & trash all SQL data.

So, there shouldn't be a problem if you're "installing over" and existing installation.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1692 is a reply to message #1643] Sun, 21 April 2002 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The compiler does an excellent job! Got the extra fudcode I wanted. If you like I can send you the post_proc.inc.t file and see if you like to add it to the CVS.

I still can't get the images and smilies on. When you post a reply, you see...

Images are ON
Smilies: are ON

Mine say off. Unless I don't know exactly where to enable them. I see yours work here.

Re: FudCode [message #1694 is a reply to message #1692] Sun, 21 April 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Send me the file (attach to your reply in this forum) and tell me what changes it introduces.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1700 is a reply to message #1694] Sun, 21 April 2002 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the post_proc.inc.t file. In it there is fudcode for [blur] , [dropshadow] , [scroll] , [scrollup] , [ghost] , [wave] , [flipv] , [fliph] . I left the comments in, so look for /* Added by JJ */. None of them are recognized in NutScrape, just plain text shows in place of the fudcode. Looks cool in IE though.

Re: FudCode [message #1706 is a reply to message #1700] Sun, 21 April 2002 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've tried the tags you've added in Mozilla 1.0RC1 (latest mozilla) and they don't appear to be supported. Sad

Since these are IE only tag, I think we should keep'em out of the standard release. If you can/want create a thread in the "code hacks" forum with your patch and explanation I am sure people who use/want those tags will be most greatful.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: FudCode [message #1707 is a reply to message #1706] Sun, 21 April 2002 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I tried Mozilla also and they didn't show. I'll create the thread for the hack incase anyone wants to add those themselves in their forum.

Re: FudCode [message #1708 is a reply to message #1707] Sun, 21 April 2002 17:33 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thanks Smile

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Hardcoded strings
Next Topic: Bud in template editor
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:42:57 GMT 2024