FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » install.php causes no action.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
install.php causes no action. [message #17085] Tue, 16 March 2004 00:44 Go to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
I have a windows machine on my desk, connected to my IP (Verio), where my site is hosted on linux/apache.

First, I tried to download the ZIP version of the install script, but that does not unpack properly under my windows at least, it gives some messages about being unable to create a folder.

So, I downloaded the tar version, and used WinRAR to open and extract the files.

I created the folders as instructed, and I tested for php and mysql as directed. Neither worked smoothly, but after some discussion with support people, both are up and running.

Then, I read further down on this forum that the install.php script needed to be uploaded in binary mode, so I did that.

In addition to the install.php there was an uninstall.php file in the tar, and there were files named CREDITS, COPYING, and README and README.TXT.

I see all kinds of references in this forum to something called an archive file, which does not seem to be in my download.

Bottom line, I uploaded the install.php to the browsable directory on my site, and it greeted me with a pure white screen, apparently no reaction at all. Can you help me get past this?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message