FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Moderator Options Limited to "Move?"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Moderator Options Limited to "Move?" [message #1710] Sun, 21 April 2002 18:05 Go to next message
DocObvious is currently offline  DocObvious   United States
I've recently installed version 1.2.7 on a Unix system and I'm noticing a few odd things about it.

The one that's causing me the most confusion is the Moderator Options. As the admin, I'm only seeing "Move" as an option - nothing about locking or unlocking threads is there or anywhere else that I've been able to find. The site is not currently open to others yet so I used a different browser )to avoid cookie complications) and created a new user, then as admin gave them moderator privileges - same thing for that user, no moderator options other than "Move" were available. Is this a bug or am I missing something that needs to be set in the admin section?

A few other odd quirks I'm seeing:

The birthdate in the profile section seems to be back to not working properly. When I try to set my birthdate to Feb. 25, 1960 it not only fails to hold the info, it sets the year to 225 and the month and day to nothing.

Although I've set the "show IP" option to "no" in the admin section, I'm seeing my IP beside any posts I create, although I didn't test this with the test account I set up. Is this something the admin ALWAYS sees, regardless of the setting or is this a bug?

I've disabled thread rating for all forums but there's still a table space for it on the list of threads. A bug or an oversight?
Re: Moderator Options Limited to "Move?" [message #1712 is a reply to message #1710] Sun, 21 April 2002 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can lock/unlock & delete the thread as a moderator.

To see those options you actually have to click on the thread itself. Deletion of entire thread is accomplished by deleting the 1st (root) message in the thread.

The show IP option means that regular users (not admin & mods) won't see IP address'

The rating column will still appear no matter what... That is because even if users can't rate the thread the admin/mod still can.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Moderator Options Limited to "Move?" [message #1718 is a reply to message #1710] Sun, 21 April 2002 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mauftarkie   United States

DocObvious wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 11:05 AM

The birthdate in the profile section seems to be back to not working properly. When I try to set my birthdate to Feb. 25, 1960 it not only fails to hold the info, it sets the year to 225 and the month and day to nothing.

The attached patch fixed the problem for me. You may need to run it as "patch -p4 < util.inc.patch" in the same directory as util.inc.
Re: Moderator Options Limited to "Move?" [message #1722 is a reply to message #1712] Sun, 21 April 2002 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 2:30 PM

You can lock/unlock & delete the thread as a moderator.

To see those options you actually have to click on the thread itself. Deletion of entire thread is accomplished by deleting the 1st (root) message in the thread.

The show IP option means that regular users (not admin & mods) won't see IP address'

The rating column will still appear no matter what... That is because even if users can't rate the thread the admin/mod still can.

Much obliged for the clarifications. I see the "Lock Thread" option now - I got glasses a few weeks ago and I still have trouble seeing things. Very Happy
Re: Moderator Options Limited to "Move?" [message #1723 is a reply to message #1718] Sun, 21 April 2002 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mauftarkie wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 3:04 PM

DocObvious wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 11:05 AM

The attached patch fixed the problem for me. You may need to run it as "patch -p4 < util.inc.patch" in the same directory as util.inc.

The one thing I don't have on my account with my host is shell access. Sad
Re: Moderator Options Limited to "Move?" [message #1726 is a reply to message #1723] Sun, 21 April 2002 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mauftarkie   United States

FTP access, perhaps? You need to remove the bang (!) on line 34 of util.inc. The function should read:
function fmt_year($val)
{
if( empty($val) ) return;
return date("Y", mktime(1,1,1,1,1,$val));
}

If you can FTP the file to your local box, edit it with notepad/vi/whatever, and upload it... theoretically it should work.
Re: Moderator Options Limited to "Move?" [message #1727 is a reply to message #1726] Sun, 21 April 2002 22:19 Go to previous message
mauftarkie wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 5:38 PM

FTP access, perhaps? You need to remove the bang (!) on line 34 of util.inc. The function should read:
function fmt_year($val)
{
if( empty($val) ) return;
return date("Y", mktime(1,1,1,1,1,$val));
}

If you can FTP the file to your local box, edit it with notepad/vi/whatever, and upload it... theoretically it should work.

Fix applied - thanks for the help.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 April 2002 22:20]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Private message bug revisited?
Next Topic: Small formatting problem in "Show what other's are doing"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:40:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05063 seconds