FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation Problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation Problem [message #17248] Sun, 21 March 2004 13:03 Go to previous message
apmoh is currently offline  apmoh   United States
Installed FUDforum 2.6.1 yesterday. Everything went a lot smoother than I had expected, I am very impressed. We are having one problem:

When a message or reply is posted it can only be viewed once, subsequent views cause an error like:

(/home/.../index.php) 2000: Duplicate entry '5-3' for key 2
Query:
Server Version: 3.23.54
[Referring Page] http://mam.space-available.com/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=1&rid=3&S=04d3f7363e63bc3d5295c0da912c137a&SQ=92639ec13c69b6a2391400268ce8e4fd

As you can see we are running mysql 3.23.54 and php 4.2.3.

Our host does not allow direct connections to the mysql server, only through php. We originally left the host blank, but have experimented with localhost and :tmp/mysql.sock with no change in behaviour. Everything else seems to be working, I had expected that if the host thing was going to be a problem then it would be all or nothing.

Anyway it looks like there is some problem in marking a message as read, and judging from the paucity of comments in the forum it seems particular to our setup. Any clues on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message