FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Multiple deletion/moving
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Multiple deletion/moving [message #17138] Thu, 18 March 2004 08:18 Go to next message
humus is currently offline  humus   Norway
I'd like to make the control over users even more effective by being able to delete multiple messages from a user.

E.g. if a user has spent the night spamming the forum with 150 sh***y messages, the neat option would be to be able to search for that user and get a list with THE COMPLETE messages, not only the titles. And then have a check-box, selecting multiple messages to be deleted simultaneously with one click.
Re: Multiple deletion/moving [message #17150 is a reply to message #17138] Thu, 18 March 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
A combination of "Today's Messages" + "Unanswered Messages" or "Unread Messages" filters will probably get you those 'spams' without too much noise. That said, I will consider an option to remove all messages posted by a certain user, perhaps even allow a date range.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Multiple deletion/moving [message #17296 is a reply to message #17150] Tue, 23 March 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
humus is currently offline  humus   Norway
Ilia wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 08:50

I will consider an option to remove all messages posted by a certain user, perhaps even allow a date range.

That would be great. I have another suggestion concerning this:

I often need to delete multiple messages in the same thread. A simple way to do this would be add a button to the page where moderators can split threads.

Today you have the options "move selected messages" and "move unselected messages". How about simply adding the button "delete selected messages"?

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2004 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Multiple deletion/moving [message #17298 is a reply to message #17296] Tue, 23 March 2004 17:28 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There is already an option to allow the moderator & privileged user (via group manager) to split a topic.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: client version of consist/compact/indexdb.php?
Next Topic: Multiple groups in one
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 02:50:01 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04093 seconds