FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Email Issues when trying to register. Please help!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1736] Mon, 22 April 2002 01:24 Go to next message
bettabids is currently offline  bettabids   United States
Script installed correctly and running. But, when I try to create an user account I get this error:

"The e-mail address you have specified does not appear to be valid."

For much that I know that the email entered is correct, it will still give this error.
I'm running the latest version.
Thanks.

Re: Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1737 is a reply to message #1736] Mon, 22 April 2002 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If its not a secret tell me which email address you're trying to enter as well the actual version # of the forum you're using.

Thanks

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1738 is a reply to message #1737] Mon, 22 April 2002 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trying to enter:
jsmith(at)crownbettas(dot)comwhich is from my own domain name.
Version 1.27.
Here is the link if you like to try it..
Thanks so much.. Love the forum script!
JS
http://www.crownbettas.com/forums/
Re: Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1739 is a reply to message #1738] Mon, 22 April 2002 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also.. how would I change the link from the home-link to go to my main web page, rather than the main page of the forum?
Thanks again!
JS
Re: Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1740 is a reply to message #1738] Mon, 22 April 2002 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've backported the new email validator from FUDforum 2.0.
It may fix the problem, since when I try it on the development forum it does not appear to complain about that email address.

Attached is a patched file, replace your email.inc with it and see if that fixed the problem. Please let me know if that fixed the problem.
  • Attachment: email.inc
    (Size: 5.17KB, Downloaded 687 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1741 is a reply to message #1739] Mon, 22 April 2002 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
bettabids wrote on Sun, 21 April 2002 9:49 PM

Also.. how would I change the link from the home-link to go to my main web page, rather than the main page of the forum?
Thanks again!
JS

Edit the usercp.inc, it is the one which draws the "home" link.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1746 is a reply to message #1741] Mon, 22 April 2002 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I seem to have the same issue. Went ahead and replace the file email.inc and re-ran registration. Still gives me the same error.
Very weard.. as the rest of the board works fine.
Any other place I should check?
Thanks.
Re: Email Issues when trying to register. Please help! [message #1749 is a reply to message #1746] Mon, 22 April 2002 04:02 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
It seems that no matter what email address I try the email check ALWAYS fails. In addition I cannot seem to replicate the problem on any other 1.2.7 or 1.2.6 installation I got.

This case requires more detailed debuging. I am going to send you debug script via email, with it I hope the problem can be analyzed & solved.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Private forums?
Next Topic: Email troubles
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 04:37:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04982 seconds